The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and Airports Council International (ACI), is delighted to call on young professionals to grap the opportunities for the development of career aviation professionals through a Young Aviation Professionals Programme. Only Applicants whom have met with the eligibility criteria will be granted consideration for this program, however, hurry and apply!!!
Value of Programme:
- Living Costs: All living costs and expenses will be borne by the Young Aviation Professional Officer.
- Financial Support: A fixed amount of CAD $4 000 per month will be provided to each selected Young Aviation Professional Officer to assist with living costs.
- Annual leave will be provided at the rate of one and a half days per month.
- Sick leave will be provided at the rate of one day per month.
- Medical insurance will be provided at the single rate for prescription/medical/dental coverage within Canada. The selected candidates will be required to pay the employee portion of the premium, which is estimated to be approximately CAD $ 117.65 per month.
- Occupational accident insurance will be provided (at no cost to the selected candidates).
- Non-occupational accident insurance will be available to the selected candidates, at their own cost.
- Travel: Where required, travel costs to and from Montreal at the beginning and at the end of the Programme will be provided at the lowest available applicable fare. The cost for one excess baggage (i.e. baggage in excess of the weight or volume carried without charge by transportation companies) will be covered up to a maximum of 25 kilograms.
- Visa: ICAO will provide a letter of support to assist in obtaining the required visa.
To be taken at (country): Montréal, Canada.
Eligible Countries: All
- Commitment to continuous learning: The willingness and ability to engage in self-development, keep up-todate with new developments, help others to learn and learn from others.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to set clear goals, prioritize, anticipate problems or risks, and have effective time management skills.
- Communication: Ability to write in a clear, concise and accurate manner. Ability to communicate verbally and with diplomacy.
- Client Orientation: Ability to see from the clients’ perspective, anticipate client needs and concerns; find appropriate solutions for clients, and keep clients informed.
- Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with others and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint, or equivalent and demonstrate a willingness to learn and use new technology.
How to Apply: : Interested candidates who meet the selection criteria are requested to submit their candidature by the closing date of 21 October 2016 by completing the online application form available at https://careers.icao.int. They must also attach a motivation letter summarizing: their professional achievements to date; their suitability for the Programme; their career aspirations in regulatory activities and/or the aviation industry; and the field of work for which they wish to be considered. Candidates should also indicate their preferred task(s) from the lists provided in Appendix A and Appendix B and explain why they have this interest.
It is important to visit the Programme Webpage before applying for this Internship
Application Deadline: 13th October 2017
Award Provider: The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
Important Notes: Candidates who do not complete the online application and the motivation letter will not be given consideration.