Last updated on April 24th, 2018 at 09:02 am
Apply right now for the Hugh le May Research Fellowship at Rhodes University in South Africa 2018, eligible persons are by this notice charged to apply
The Rhodes University is delighted to invite applications for the Hugh le May Fellowship Program. This fellowship program is only open to qualified African researchers. Fellows will spend up to six months doing research at the Rhodes University. The area of the research must be one the subjects states below.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in one of the fields as follow: Philosophy, Classics, Ancient, Medieval or Modern History, Classical, Biblical, Medieval or Modern Languages, Political Theory, Law.
Place of Study
At the Rhodes University in South Africa.
- A direct return economy class airfare from the Fellow’s place of residence.
- University accommodation with electricity and water included.
- 00 monthly cash stipend to supplement the Fellow’s usual source of income, or if accompanied by a partner R7500.00 per month cash stipend.
- If the Fellow accepts the appointment for at least four months and is accompanied by a partner, the partner’s return economy airfare will also be paid.
- The length of the Fellowship may be extended by mutual agreement and subject to the availability of funds.
Eligibility and Criteria
Only qualified applicants should apply i.e. if you have obtained your PhD in the last 5 years please do not submit an application. Rather apply for the Rhodes University Postdoctoral Fellowship or the Andrew W. Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship.
This fellowship is exclusively open to South Africans.
Application form can be downloaded from the link below.
The application (Hugh le May Application Form)should be submitted by 31 August 2018. .