Offers are currently ongoing for Howard University Formation Scholarships to study in the USA. These scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students. Only US citizens are eligible.
The aim of Scholarship is to provide financial help to the students.
Howard University (HU or simply Howard) is a federally chartered, private, coeducational, nonsectarian, historically black university (HBCU) in Washington, D.C. It is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a research university with high research activity and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Course Level: These Scholarships are available to undergraduate and graduate students.
Study Subject: The Scholarship will be awarded in the following Subjects:
- Creative arts
- African-American studies*
- * Includes: Linguistics, Women’s Studies, Philanthropy and Social Responsibility
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship will be awarded $25,000.
Number of Scholarships: There is only one Scholarship available.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- This scholarship is open to incoming, current, and graduate students with a demonstrated interest in any one or more of the four disciplines listed above with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Submit any evidence of work in the field of study to email@example.com. Subject line: Full Name & ID
- For incoming students, this can be high school writing samples or community activities that demonstrate work in the field. Work can be shown in a traditional or via electronic portfolio. Writing samples need not be published works.
Nationality: US applicants can apply for the Scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
English language Requirements: students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: applications must meet the following criteria:
- Upperclassmen and graduate student applicants must submit all proof of work in a listed field of study and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject include your full name and Howard University ID number,
- Work can be shown in a traditional or electronic portfolio, and writing samples need not be published works.
- Incoming freshmen must submit high school papers and/or community service activities that show work in one or more of the fields of study.
- Applicants must also submit a short essay (300-word max) explaining how Lemonade inspired their educational goals.
- Each application must include the student’s full name, class year, and Howard University student ID number, and must be received by the Office of Financial Aid.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 26, 2017.