Applications are officially invited for the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee scholarship named as HPGM scholarship 2017. The Scholarship was designed for permanent residents of the state of Wisconsin, pursuing an advanced degree (i.e. MBA, MA/S, Ph.D., J.D., L.L.M.) to apply for the scholarship program.
The mission of HPGM is to create a dynamic environment for Hispanic professionals to thrive by fostering leadership, mentoring, education, networking, and new initiatives that support Hispanics and Hispanic businesses. The total award amount of the scholarship is $15,000.
Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee work to showcase talented Hispanics throughout all stages of their career, from student to the executive, while providing their members with opportunities and tools to reach greater levels of success.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be of at least 50% Hispanic heritage
- Be a resident of the state of Wisconsin
- Be pursing an advanced degree (i.e. MBA, MA/S, Ph.D., J.D., L.L.M.)
- Have completed a minimum of 9 credits or equivalent by application deadline
- Be enrolled in at least 9 credits for the Fall 2017 semester
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Attend the HPGM Annual Meeting on August 25, 2017 (if awarded scholarship)
- You may apply if you have received a scholarship from HPGM in the past, but only if you are pursuing a different degree. Preference will be given to first-time recipients.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and want to apply for the scholarship you can check the given link: https://hpgm.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_234630
Submit the following information as part of their package:
- Letter of recommendation
- The letter must be from an employer or instructor. It must be submitted in a sealed envelope.
- Resume(two-page maximum)
- Photo(jpg) & Brief Bio. Please note, your photo should be professional in nature. No selfies or vacation photos.
- Community Service History
- You must include contact information for all service activities.
- Graduate-level transcript an official, sealed transcript from your current graduate institution. All transcripts must include a cumulative GPA. If your transcript does not show a cumulative GPA, you must provide a signed, official confirmation of your GPA equivalent on college/institution letterhead. Mail to the address below.
Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee
Attn: Kim Schultz
HPGM Scholarship Program
759 N. Milwaukee St. Suite #322
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Financial Aid and Award Money:
There are two award amounts for the scholarship $5,000 and $10,000 you can apply for anyone.
Application Acceptance Period for the scholarship is June 16, 2017.
Link for More Information: