Applications are currently ongoing at Harvard University for the Nieman Foundation International Fellowships. The opportunity is designed for freelancers, must be working journalists with at least five years of full-time media experience. The Fellowship has a Timeline of 9 Month and worth $65,000. Read through the criteria and apply.
A Nieman Fellowship is an extraordinary, transformative learning opportunity open to journalists working in all media in every country around the world. Those selected for the program spend two full semesters at Harvard auditing classes with some of the university’s greatest thinkers, participating in Nieman events and collaborating with peers. Nieman Fellows are also able to audit classes at other local universities including MIT and Tufts.
Each year, the Nieman Foundation awards paid fellowships to up to 24 journalists working in print, broadcast, digital and audiovisual media. Journalists and other professionals working in positions that support journalism, such as the business or technology departments of news companies, are welcome to apply for one of the foundation’s short-term Visiting Fellowships.
- Nieman Fellows receive a stipend of $65,000 paid over a nine-month period to cover living costs
- The Nieman Foundation also provides housing, childcare, and health insurance allowances based on the number and ages of family members
- Nieman additionally covers the cost of attending Harvard classes for fellows and their affiliates. Affiliates are the partners and spouses of fellows.
- They enjoy many of the same privileges as fellows and may attend classes, use Harvard libraries and other facilities, and are welcome to participate in almost all Nieman activities.
- During their time at Harvard, Nieman Fellows attend seminars, shop talks, master classes and journalism conferences designed to strengthen their professional skills and leadership capabilities, thereby helping to fortify the news industry itself
For more information please visit their official website.
- All applicants for academic-year Nieman Fellowships, including freelancers, must be working journalists with at least five years of full-time media experience.
- Professionals who work in public relations or in a position whose primary focus is not the media are not eligible to apply.
- During the two years prior to applying, an applicant should not have participated in a fellowship lasting four months or longer.
- Journalism-related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience
For more information please visit the official website.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Apply online through given link.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2017