Harkness Fellowship Program
Applicants are now invited to apply the Harkness Fellowship. This fellowship open to candidates from Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. The fellows will spend one year in the USA doing research in the field of Health Care Policy and Practice. The Harkness Fellowship provides award that cover tuition, travel, living expenses, housing, health insurance. The application deadline is depending on candidate’s origin country.
The Commonwealth Fund invites promising mid-career professionals—academic researchers, clinicians, managers, government policymakers, and journalists—from Australia, Canada, France, Germany,the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, to apply for a unique opportunity to spend up to 12 months in the United States as a Harkness Fellow in Health Care Policy and Practice. Fellows work with leading U.S. experts to study a critical issue on the health policy agenda in both the U.S. and their home country. A rich program of seminars organized by the Fund throughout the year further enhances the fellowship experience (described in the Fellowship Seminars section.)Fellows can expect to gain an in-depth understanding of the U.S. health care system and policy challenges, enhance their methodological skills, and develop valuable contacts and opportunities for ongoing cross-national exchange and collaboration. In addition to the opportunity to conduct a research study in the U.S., the Harkness Fellowships provide space to think and reflect without the pressures of day-to-day job responsibilities.
The fellows will receive award that to cover the cover tuition, travel, living expenses, housing, health insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of Health Care Policy and Practice.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
To apply this fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be citizens of one of the eligible countries below.
- Show significant promise as a policy-oriented health services researcher or practitioner (clinician, health services manager, government official, or journalist)
- Have a demonstrated expertise in health policy issues and a track record of informing health policy through research, policy analysis, health services, or clinical leadership
- Have a master’s degree or doctorate (or the equivalent thereof) in health care services, health policy research, or a related discipline, such as economics or political science (consideration may be given to candidates with a bachelor’s degree only, depending on work experience) and
- If academically based, be at a mid-career level (e.g., research fellow to senior lecturer).
This fellowship available for students coming one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand, the Netherlands,Norway, Sweden, or the united kingdom.
To apply, the eligible candidates must visit the application link below to see further instruction of Harkness Fellowship’s application procedure.
September 5, 2017: Australia and New Zealand
November 13, 2017: Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, and the United Kingdom