Applications are accepted at the Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) for Guy Mhone Postgraduate Scholarship in Africa. The scholarship is available to pursue a postgraduate degree in various subjects.
The goal of the scholarship is promote open society ideals and societies in southern Africa by strengthening the capacity of emerging civil society leaders to understand, articulate and advocate for progressive, transformative policies the generation of knowledge, skills and attitudes in public policy responsive to the development and democratic-oriented challenges in Africa.
The Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa (OSISA) is a growing African institution committed to deepening democracy, protecting human rights and enhancing good governance in the region.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue a postgraduate degree programme.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- Natural Resource Governance and Policy in Africa
- Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability in Africa
- Marginalisation and Exclusion in Policy Making
- Democracy and Governance in Africa
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Social and Economic Justice
- Economic Policy, Trade and Development in Africa
- Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)
- Policy Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Gender and Policy Making in Africa
- Health Care and Health Policy in Africa
- Migration and Refugee Policy in Africa
- Resilience and Sustainable Cities in Africa
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- Successful applicants will be contractually obligated to return to their place of work for an agreed period of time in order to give back to their community and organization. Furthermore, during the period of study, students will be expected to contribute pieces of written work to the OSISA website as well as longer academic pieces for the Journal of Public Policy in Africa (JOPPA). The Guy Mhone Scholarship includes the 1 return cheapest airfare travel expenses. Accommodation and meals during semester breaks are not covered.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Any candidate working in the field of policymaking and policy implementation is eligible to apply. Candidates must have attained a CGPA/GPA of 3.0 B grade or better. In addition, this scholarship is for candidates from the following SADC countries:
- (Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
Nationality: Applicants of Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, and Zimbabwe can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have CGPA/GPA of 3.0 B grade or better.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- By e-mail to: manuelc-at-africau.edu
- Motivation Letter of about 300 words
- Certified Academic Certificates
- CV of not more than 2 pages
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 30, 2017.