Apply right now for the GroundTruth Project Middle East reporting fellowship journalists 2018, worthy of note is the eligibility criteria as listed
The GroundTruth Project is honored to announce a partnership with the James W. Foley Legacy Foundation to continue our Middle East reporting fellowship in Jim’s memory, and to extend the fellowship for the next five years.
The official name of the $10,000 fellowship is the James W. Foley Middle East Fellowship at The GroundTruth Project, which each year will support a freelance journalist who is seeking to report stories in the Middle East that are under-covered by the mainstream media. As part of the $10,000 grant, the journalist will receive a stipend and a budget that will include relevant risk assessment and Hostile Environment and First Aid Training as well as medical insurance and field reporting expenses.
- The opportunity is intended for freelance writers and specifically for early career journalists, which we would define as 1-5 years of experience. The candidates may be of any nationality, but must be familiar with Middle Eastern culture and have a demonstrated ability to report for an English-speaking audience.
- The selected fellow will receive a grant of US $10,000 for field reporting to be carried out preferably in the first quarter of 2018. Finalists will be asked to submit a proposed project budget that must include appropriate safety training, insurance and travel costs.
- The fellows’ work will be cultivated on the GroundTruth website as a special report, as well as pitched to GroundTruth’s editorial partners for placement in consultation with the fellow. If a candidate already has an editorial partner who will take the work, please state that in the application.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are welcome through this Google Form: https://goo.gl/forms/Yk59SlwzE7lzBoNm1
- You will be asked to submit a resume, two samples of work, and a brief description of your reporting idea and how it fits with the spirit of this fellowship.
- The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m. on November 26, 2017.
For questions about the fellowship, email email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on November 26, 2017.
For More Information: