Graywolf Press Citizen Literary Fellowship
Graywolf Press is pleased to offer comprehensive fellowship named as “The Citizen Literary Fellowship” over ten months. The fellowship is designed to support a person who is interested in learning more about the publishing industry through an introductory, hands-on experience. Graywolf Press is a leading independent publisher committed to the discovery and energetic publication of the twenty-first century American and international literature. Fellows will receive compensation which includes $20,000 (paid twice monthly as regular wages), paid time off, and health and dental insurance.
Graywolf Press is an independent, non-profit publisher located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Graywolf Press publishes fiction, non-fiction, and poetry. Graywolf Press collaborates with organizations such as the College of Saint Benedict, the Mellon Foundation, and Farrar, Straus, and Giroux of New York, New York.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- A person who is interested in learning more about the publishing industry through an introductory, hands-on experience.
- It is intended to attract candidates who otherwise would not have access to publishing and to, therefore, increase the diversity and inclusivity of the industry.
- They are flexible regarding the educational background of the candidate, but this position is not intended for those attending school full time.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the fellowship you must provide following:
- Cover letter addressed to Leslie Johnson, managing director, that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in publishing, and what areas of publishing are you curious about pursuing?
- Which books or authors have most influenced your taste in or thoughts on literature?
- What support would help you move forward in your career, and what are your long-term career ambitions?
- One-page, single-spaced discussion of a contemporary book that focuses on one or more of the following items: critique, personal response, cultural context, marketing/positioning, or why you would recommend this book to a friend.
To apply for the fellowship please send the following materials as email attachments to wolves-at-graywolfpress.org with the subject line “Publishing Fellow Position 2017.”
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Fellowship will provide Compensation includes $20,000 (paid twice monthly as regular wages), paid time off, and health and dental insurance.
- The fellow will work closely with senior staff in both the editorial and the marketing/publicity departments and will be able to follow specific books through a full publication cycle.
- The fellow will also have an active role in Graywolf’s outreach efforts.
- They will attend and participate in internal publishing meetings as a member of the staff.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm CDT on July 31, 2017.
Link for More Information: