Kenyan Graduates are invited to apply for the Government of Kenya Presidential Digital Talent Programme For Kenyan Graduates, all applications ate to be submitted before the deadline
The Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) is a collaboration between the public and private sectors that takes fresh and qualified ICT graduates through an internship programme designed to build their ICT capabilities, ready for the ICT market.
DigiTalent is the brand name for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP), an internship programme that develops the ICT talent pool in Kenya through a collaboration between the public and private sectors. It is a partnership between government, public and private sector stakeholders and is to be implemented by the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology (MoICT) through the ICT Authority (ICTA).
PDTP focuses on two key aspects:
- Leadership development to develop ICT leaders in government management staff by entrenching them with ICT business principles to effectively run ICT structures.
- ICT technical capacity development by training freshly qualified graduates through an internship programme to develop a ready and affordable pool of ICT talent for government.
Type: Graduate program
- Nationality: Kenyan
- Level of Education: graduated from any accredited and chartered university in the last two (2) years of the application
- Qualification: must have graduated with a First Class or Second Upper degree
- Field of study:
- a BSc in Electrical Engineering degree programs and their equivalents (e.g., Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Telecommunications Engineering)
- Computer Science or equivalent degree programs (e.g. Computer Science, Applied Computer Science, Mathematics and Computer Science),Information Systems and Information Technology degree programs (e.g. Information systems, Information Technology and Computer Technology)
- have a core focus in Business Applications and Business Process Improvement (including Database Management Systems, Web and Systems Administration), Networks and Infrastructure, ICT Security and Project Management.
PDTP is beneficial in the following ways:
- Increased youth employability
- Improved Public/Private sector collaboration
- Accelerated economic impact through ICT effectiveness
- Enhanced service delivery by leveraging on ICT
- Support ICTA’s contribution to GDP projected to be 8% of GDP by 2017 as outlined in the ICT Masterplan.
Programme Activities Schedule
The graduates who are chosen to be part of PDTP will participate in a 12 month internship programme working in different areas. 10 months of the programme will be in government ministries, while 2 months will be in the private sector. The schedule is divided into 4 quarters with specific activities for each period.
Awards and Certificate
The interns that meet all the requirements of the 12 month programme graduate and receive a Presidential Award and a Certificate from Kenya School of Government.
An Award is also presented to the intern or group of interns that have the best and easy-to-implement innovation
PDTP aims to provide an opportunity for on the job training to enhance capacity and employability of interns for a better professional future in ICT. The following steps describe the process towards being part of PDTP:
Step 1: Look out for the call for applications for the next group of PDTP trainees on
Step 2: Make an application and submit before the given deadline
Step 3: If shortlisted, attend the application interview and if the panel is impressed, then you are chosen to be one of the trainees
Application Deadline: November 10th 2017
For More Information: