The Governmnet of Holland in her bid to support and promote education is pleased to call for applications for the Government of Holland International Scholarship At Leiden University 2018/2019 , eligible persons are welome to apply and all applications are to be submitted by before the deadline.
Type: Bachelor (Undergraduate)
Fields of Study: For talented non-EEA students enrolling in one of the following English-taught Bachelor’s programmes:
- Arts, Media and Society
- Dutch Studies
- International Relations and Organisations
- International Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Global Challenges
- Philosophy: Global and Comparative Perspectives
- Security Studies
- South and Southeast Asian Studies
- Urban Studies
Value of Award: One-off payment of € 5,000 – which you will receive after arrival in The Netherlands in your first year of studies.
Eligible Countries: Nationals of non-EEA countries (EEA: All EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
To Be Taken At (Country): The Netherlands
- You are not an EEA passport holder and are not eligible for support from the Dutch study finance system.
- You have never studied at a Dutch university or a Dutch university of applied sciences.
- You have completed your pre-university education outside The Netherlands.
How to Apply:
- Compose a letter of motivation (max. 500 words), in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extra-curricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- Before 1 February, submit an online application for admission for one of the above-mentioned Bachelor’s progammes at Leiden University.
- Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Holland Scholarship and upload your scholarship motivation letter where indicated.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2018
Important Notes: The Holland Scholarship is not a full scholarship. Non-EEA Holland Scholarship recipients must still submit ‘proof of sufficient funds’ for their student visa/residence permit application.