The Government of Belize is delighted to invite applications for Professional and Technical Scholarship Awards at the University of the West Indies and other Commonwealth Caribbean institutions. These scholarships are available for the students of Belize to pursue a bachelor degree in Belize.
The aim of the scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students from Belize.
The Government of Belize Education Support Services (ESS) is committed to improving nationwide access to life-long learning. This service area seeks to ensure the holistic development of all children through participation in relevant educational activities
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue the bachelor degree.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the subjects offered by the university but consideration may be given to meritorious candidates wishing to pursue graduate studies in areas of national priority.
Scholarship Award: The terms of the award may vary depending on where the successful applicant pursues studies.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Belize
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be a citizen of Belize.
- Applicant must gain acceptance into the respective Faculty of the University at which he/she proposes to study.
- Primary consideration will be given to courses of study in the following areas:
- Curriculum Development
- Events Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Relations
- Land Management
- Media and Communication
Nationality: Belize applicants can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- The application form must be COMPLETED IN DUPLICATE, each copy having the following attachments:
- Academic transcripts from secondary and post-secondary institutions attended in sealed envelopes from granting institutions
- Certified copies of degrees/diplomas and external exam results*
- Birth Certificate or Nationality Certificate (Authenticated)**
- Personal statement signed by applicant
- At least two sealed testimonials of personal character
- A passport-sized photograph (affixed in the upper right corner)
- Copies of academic diplomas and degrees and external exam results should be certified as true copies of the originals by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.
- Birth certificate/Nationality Certificate should be taken to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NEMO Bldg. Second Floor for authentication
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 16, 2017.