Goodwin Firm is delighted to invite applications for the Goodwin 2L Diversity Fellowships. These fellowships are named in honor of Richard A. Soden and Paul W. Lee for their exceptional commitments to diversity.A full-time second-year law student enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school are eligible to apply for the fellowship programs. Goodwin is committed to promoting diversity in their law firm and in the legal profession. They are also committed to an inclusive environment in which each employee can excel and thrive. Through the fellowships, the Goodwin offers total $30,000 award. The Goodwin 2L Diversity Fellowships will provide awards of $15,000 each to help cover expenses for their third year of law school.
Goodwin was founded in Boston on July 1, 1912, by Harvard classmates Robert Eliot Goodwin and Joseph Osborne Procter, Jr. For more than 100 years – from playing an instrumental role in the Nuremberg Trials and helping to create the REITs industry in the 1960s, Goodwin’s purpose has never wavered: answer what’s never been seen before with what’s never been done before.
- To become a 2L Goodwin Fellow, a candidate must be a full-time second-year law student enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, with an expected graduation date of spring 2019.
- The applicants must demonstrate:
- Exceptional academic performance
- Outstanding leadership abilities and involvement in diversity organizations
- A commitment to community service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Other special achievements and honors
- To remain eligible, a candidate may not be the recipient of Goodwin’s 1L Diversity Fellowship or a similar award from another law firm and cannot be an immediate family member of a Goodwin lawyer or employee. A candidate also may not be a Goodwin client or an employee of a Goodwin client.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Goodwin 2L Diversity Fellowship, the applicant must submit online application and upload supporting material on the given link: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?lawfirm=85&id=5
- A resume
- Undergraduate transcript
- Copy of law school transcript (following the receipt of second term grades)
- The personal statement that is part of the online application should address the applicant’s qualifications and should include examples of the applicant’s leadership qualities, exceptional contributions to diversity and community service, and commitment to the practice of law in a corporate law firm setting.
Financial Aid and Award money:
- The Goodwin 2L Diversity Fellowships provide second-year law students from underrepresented backgrounds with awards of $15,000 each, to help cover expenses for their third year of law school (2018-2019).
- The $15,000 award is contingent on the student’s accepting an offer to join Goodwin’s 2018 summer associate program and on accepting an offer, if extended, to join the firm as a full-time associate.
- The funds will be paid out half upon completion of the summer program, and half of starting as a full-time associate at the firm.
Candidates interested in applying must complete the online application no later than Friday, August 18, 2017. Finalists will be interviewed for the fellowship after applications are submitted and the winner(s) will be announced in fall 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact them at fellowships-at-goodwinlaw.com.