Applications are now been accepted for the Goethe-Institut Game Developers Contest in Africa 2017, eligible persons will be granted considerations for this program
Indonesia. The following year, the second iteration of the program took place in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In its third iteration, the Game Mixer program seeks to mix up the international game development scene even further by not only including game developers from Germany and the host country of South Africa, but by also inviting participants from broader Sub-Saharan Africa and the former host countries Indonesia and Brazil, too.
Value of Award: The Goethe-Institut will provide:
- travel expenses to and from Johannesburg
- accommodation (for participants not living in Johannesburg)
- local transfers
To Be Taken At (Country): Johannesburg, South Africa
Eligible Countries: South Africa and other countries in Sub Saharan Africa
Eligibility: If you are interested and want to apply, you should:
- be a professional developer from an African game company that has released at least one game;
- be committed to participate full-time during the whole ten-day program; and
- be able to communicate in English.
- Smaller, emerging studios are preferred, since they would benefit most from this programme.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- a CV highlighting your professional background
- a one-page letter of motivation;
- a one-page profile of your studio including: founding date, number of games produced / released, number of developers, performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue);
- a one-page summary of one product that you want to highlight in the showcase including: game details, game performance (e.g. downloads, users, revenue, KPIs), screenshots
Please send your application to Ralf.Eppeneder.email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 5th October 2017
Award Providers: The project is funded by the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic of Germany.