Entries are currently ongoing for the Global Schools Ambassadors Program 2017 for Young Leaders. Application is only accepted from selected country.
Global Schools is an initiative led by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) in support of UNESCO’s Global Action Program on Education for Sustainable Development (GAP-ESD).
The vision of the program is to generate interest about sustainable development in schools in an effort to educate and engage students with the SDGs and to encourage them to prioritize the goals in their lifestyles, behaviors, education and professional careers as these goals provide framework for a better world that children could live in the future. The program aims to do this by transforming learning environments globally and making schools the hubs of education and leadership on SDGs, ultimately becoming vehicles for empowering and mobilizing students and young people to help implement the SDGs in their communities.
At time of applying for this role:
1. Candidate MUST possess an excellent command of the English language.
2. Candidate MUST have excellent public speaking skills, capable of communicating well with key stakeholders and partners.
3. Candidate MUST demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role – candidates with too many overlapping commitments will be exempt from this position.
4. Candidate MUST be able to commit at least 8-10 hours per week for this role.
5. Candidate MUST be aged between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
6. Candidate MUST be absolutely self-driven, accountable and responsible for meeting his/her goals – as between 18-29 in order to be eligible for this role.
7. Candidate MUST be currently living in one of the following countries at the time of applying:
- Eligible countries: Jamaica, Guyana, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, Philippines
Making an Impact
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development.
- SDSN works with some of the world’s most influential businesses, academic institutions, government bodies and civil society groups in the sustainable development sector.
- We engage closely with a number of these stakeholders, forming partnerships to educate, connect and mobilize individuals and groups to make a positive impact.
Aspirations and Networks
- SDSN Youth and Global Schools enable you to build professional and personal relationships with stakeholders in civil society, business, government and the United Nations.
- By joining this program, you will be working with a diverse and exceptional group of individuals with a variety of cultural, religious and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- For example, the SDSN Youth Assembly consists of more than 120+ young people from more than 35 different countries and the Global Schools program will consist of 50+ young people from more than 16 different countries.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and Global Schools could serve as a foundation for your future endeavours.
Pathways to leadership
- Supported by our global team of experts across a range of areas, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible and fulfilling environment.
- Your experiences will become central to our network’s efforts and legacy in empowering youth globally to make sustainable solutions.
- Working with SDSN Youth and Global Schools will enable you to have a real impact while navigating through complex scenarios and overcoming difficult hurdles, preparing you for challenges of leadership.
- Global Schools are looking for passionate, motivated and hardworking young people between the ages of 18-29 to serve as Global Schools Ambassadors.
- If you fit the criteria, apply before 31 July 2017.
- Details are below:
- Deadline: 31 July 2017
- Position description: https://goo.gl/bE8V95
Application Deadline: July 31st 2017
For More Information: