The Global Investigative Journalism Network offers GIJN Fellowships to participants who attended the biennial Global Investigative Journalism Conference and Asian Investigative Journalism Conference.Participants must write a story or do a presentation in their home country following the conference.Fellowships will be offered in 2017 for GIJC17 in Johannesburg, South Africa.Investigative journalists with a proven track record of digging out stories and data are eligible to apply.The applicant will get Airfare and hotel accommodations to the GIJC, which is held in a different city every two years.
The Global Investigative Journalism Network (GIJN) is an international association of nonprofit organizations that support, promote, and produce investigative journalism.It was founded in 2003 when more than 300 journalists from around the world gathered for the second Global Investigative Journalism Conference in Copenhagen.Since then it has grown to 145 member organizations in 62 countries.
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus
How to Apply:
To be applying for the fellowship, the candidate may submit online application through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfY–AHMGi2lokogR3xW1nlKmErE7KdYYXV47QglkmwTxdUaA/viewform
- Submit- Short biography of your journalism experience (approx. 300 words)
- Submit- Work samples (provide story/video links)
If you need to attach documents, email with the subject “GIJC17 fellowships to fellowships-at-gijn.org
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Round-trip airfare to Johannesburg, South Africa
- Hotel room for four nights
- Transport between Johannesburg airport and the conference hotel
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days
- Award ceremony banquet dinner
- Conference fee
The application submission deadline is due on May 15, 2017. Winners will be notified via email by August 1, 2017.
Link for more Information: