Global Fund for Women is offering travel grants to support groups that advance the human rights of women and girls.
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): group’s country
Offered annually? Yes
About the Award: The Global Fund for Women supports women’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. The Organization strengthen women’s right groups based outside the United States by providing small, flexible, and timely grants ranging from $500 to $30,000 for operating and program expenses.
Women’s rights groups that have received a grant from Global Fund for Women in the past five years can apply for a travel grant of US $5,000-$15,000 to attend national, regional, and international gatherings and events. The purpose of travel grants is to strengthen women’s rights movements, influence decisions, and mobilize resources.
Selection Criteria: Please note that your group MUST meet all the following criteria to be eligible for a grant:
- It is based in a country outside the United States.
- Its primary focus is advancing women’s equality and human rights, with these goals clearly reflected in its activities. Please note that groups whose sole purpose is to generate income or to provide charity to individuals are not eligible to apply.
- It is a group of women working together.
- It is governed, directed, and led by women.
Priority is given to women’s rights groups that:
- Work with and/or are led by highly marginalized communities
- Have limited funding
- Concentrate their efforts on one or more of the following thematic areas:
- Economic & Political Empowerment
- Freedom from Violence
- Sexual & Reproductive Health & Rights
- Media & Technology
- Women’s Funds
- Groups of women working together.
- Organizations that demonstrate a clear commitment to women’s equality and women’s human rights.
- Organizations that are governed and directed by women.
- Organizations based outside of the United States.
Number of Scholarships: 600
Value of Scholarship: US $5,000-$15,000
Duration of Scholarship: one year
How to Apply: The foundation will send you a note of receipt within three weeks of receiving your application.
Visit Grants webpage for details
Sponsors: Global Fund for Women
Important Notes: Please note that
- Funding for these grants is extremely limited
- Applicants must have received a grant from Global Fund for Women in the past five years
- Applicants must also have a current organizational profile
- Applications must be submitted at least 8 weeks before the start date of the event
- A group may only have one travel or event grant proposal open or under consideration at a given time
Application Deadline: Ongoing