The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad. Hence they are searching for the leaders of tomorrow – from Brazil, China, India, Russia, and the USA. The foundation is offering the German Chancellor Fellowship to universities graduates with an international bias from Brazil, China, India, Russia or the USA, who have already acquired initial leadership experience. The program offers an opportunity to take the next career step in Germany – irrespective of your field of work.The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country. The fellowship grant amounts to 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (German: Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung) is a foundation established by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany and funded by the Federal Foreign Office, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development as well as other national and international partners.
The applicants are eligible to apply:
- Applicant must be a national of the United States, the Russian Federation, The People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India
- Completed your first degree less than 12 years ago
- Would like to spend a year working on a project you have developed yourself with a host of your choice in Germany
- Can demonstrate that your project will be of social significance and that you have the potential to build future bridges between Germany and your own country
- Work in a sector such as politics, economics, the media, administration, and culture
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship (1 October of the year following application)
- Initial proven leadership experience; applicants with a preponderantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity
- German or English language skills
How to Apply:
To be applying, the applicant can create an account through the given link: https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/pub_register.main?p_lang=en&p_package=buka
- A letter of motivation (approx. 2 pages)
- A project plan (approx. 3 pages)- Candidates must draw up their project plan independently and discuss it with their intended host prior to application
- A detailed statement, including confirmation of supervision, by the host in Germany
- Two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and/or academic background
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A monthly fellowship of €2,150, €2,450 or €2,750, depending on your qualifications
- Individual mentoring during your stay in Germany
- Additional financial support for items such as family members accompanying you, travel expenses or a German language course
- A study tour of Germany and a number of events during which you can make contact with other fellows and representatives of German companies and institutions
- Extensive alumni sponsorship, particularly to help you sustain contact with collaborative partners in Germany during your entire professional career.
- Additional benefits:
- Allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany
- Lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party
- Allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 326 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 234 EUR a month for each child)
- German courses in the fellow’s own country prior to the stay in Germany as well as during the stay in Germany to intensify the knowledge of German acquired during the intensive language course
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow’s own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question
- Extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni’s entire professional careers
Applications should be completed online each year. The application deadline is September 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email to info-at-avh.de