The Resorts World Genting is inviting applications for the Genting Malaysia Scholarship Award (GENM Scholarship) which leave qualified young Malaysians with the golden opportunity to further their studies locally or overseas.
The Genting Malaysia Scholarship is aimed to help ambitious students across Malaysia reach their fullest potential. Transform your life now and prepare for the brilliant future you have always desired.
Genting Highlands otherwise known as Resorts World Genting, is a hill resort in Malaysia developed by Genting Group. Genting group is a leading multinational corporation committed to enhancing shareholder value and maintaining long-term sustainable growth. Genting group committed to innovation and the adoption of new technology. Genting group focus remains on enhancing yielding capabilities and operational efficiencies
Course Level: The scholarship is available for pursuing the undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in the following fields:
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Parks & Recreation Science
- Event Management
- Finance / Accounting
- Business / Marketing
- Engineering (Electrical / Mechanical / Civil)
- Information Technology
- And more
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will gives financial assistance for students who have excelled academically and demonstrated active leadership to undergo their undergraduate studies
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Malaysia or overseas
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Malaysian citizen aged 23 years and below.
- Must be waiting for admission to pursue a full-time degree course in a local or overseas university. Those already pursuing a degree are not eligible.
- Must possess the requisite pre-university qualification:
- STPM: minimum 3 As.
- Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above.
- A-Level: minimum 3 As.
- Australian TER: minimum 90.0
- Recognized foundation/Pre-university courses: equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above.
- International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated through active participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Family household income not exceeding RM5,000.00 per month.
- Not presently holding other scholarships or study loans.
Nationality: Applicants of Malaysia can apply for the scholarship
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- All required fields (i.e. personal particulars, information on courses applied, particulars of parent/guardian, education background, etc.) must be completed. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Applicants must submit the following supporting documents together with their application form:
- Passport-sized photograph
- Education certificates (STPM/A-Level and/or Diploma certificates, university acceptance/offer letter, etc.)
- Updated resumé – including applicant’s co-curricular/extra-curricular activities, achievements and certificates
- Parent’s/Guardian’s Income Tax J-Form
- One (1) page PowerPoint summary of yourself, illustrating your personal profile, aspirations, academic background, and any other relevant facts.
- The total size for all attached documents should not exceed 6MB and each attachment’s size should not exceed 500KB. Please ensure that you meet the size requirements before submission because you will not be able to submit your application otherwise.
- Optional: Applicants are encouraged to submit a Vsume uploaded onto Youtube as an added advantage.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.