The GEN Foundation Scholarship 2017-2018
The Gen Foundation was registered with the Charity Commission on 14th August 1998. The aim of the Foundation is to enhance the importance of cross-cultures between Japan and the rest of the world in today’s global society.
The Foundation is supporting those who excel in the areas of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology.
Since 1998, awards have been granted to over 100 people studying or researching within these fields. Successful candidates are asked to submit a report to the Trustees at the end of their studies.
All potential candidates should be aware that the Gen Foundation grants are one-off, non-renewable awards.
To be eligible for a Gen Foundation grant, an applicant:
- Must study and/or research in the field of natural sciences, in particular food sciences/technology and
- Should hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
The Foundation does not support undergraduates, short-term training, conferences, seminars, or thesis writing. Such applications will not be considered.
How To Apply:
Before applying for the Gen Foundation grant, you are strongly recommended to check whether you are eligible to apply.
The application form must be completed in English and submitted with all of the supporting documents listed below no later than 28th February 2017.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
1. Download a copy of the application form here :
2018 Application Form (Available from November 2017)
2. Prepare the following documentation:
- One complete application form
– Refer to page 5 of the application form before completion
– Typed applications only; handwritten applications will not be considered
– English only
- One recent passport-sized photograph
– Attached to application form
– Portraits will not be accepted
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume)
– English only
- TWO original and signed letters of reference
– English or Japanese
– Not photocopied
– Not scanned
– Not emailed
- Evidence of acceptance by an organisation/institution
– Evidence of a conditional letter is acceptable
– Photocopied or Original
3. Post the application form and all supporting documents to the following address.Applications should arrive no later than 28th of February 2017:
The Gen Foundation
45 Old Bond Street
London W1S 4DN
Please try to send all of the above documents together with your application. However, if you are unable to provide a evidence of acceptance in time, you can arrange for it to be sent directly to us by the relevant organisation. Please let us know in your application that such documents are to follow. Please note we cannot return any of the documentation once they have been submitted.