Applications are been invited for the Funded UNDP Arab Development Portal Beirut Hackathon 2017, eligible persons alone will be considered for this program
Within the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Arab Development Portal (ADP) is launching an open data hackathon titled “Visualize 2030” – the First SDGs Data Dive Camp in the Arab Region – whereby it calls upon youth to visualize how their country or the Arab region would look like by 2030.
- a coder, hacker, programmer, designer, data analyst, data scientist, statistician, development practitioner, photographer or enthusiast?
- skilled enough to process data and produce innovative and creative stories?
- concerned with the future of your country or the Arab region? Or are you simply thinking about how to improve your life and the lives of others?
- have a vision for your country? Or do you have serious concerns over the future of your country or the Arab region and feel pessimistic about the future?
- have something to say about your country or region?
- have ANYTHING TO SAY about your concerns, aspirations, priorities, dreams, etc.?
You are invited either to dream of the country or region you wish to live in by 2030 or dig deep into your greatest fears to visualize what you don’t want to see happening by 2030.
APPLY NOW to join Visualize 2030 – 5-day SDGs Data Dive Camp – to compete with other data and development enthusiasts from the region and become part of a challenging event bringing together representatives from tech giants, leading data scientists, designers, development practitioners, influencers and many others.
All the applicants’ expenses will be covered by UNDP.
The applicants can apply as individuals or form teams of up to 3 members each.
Interested individual applicants are expected to submit:
- a letter of interest: a motivational letter to participate in the camp [up to 2 pages]
- professional portfolio [be creative in presenting your portfolio]
- application on the project/idea you wish to develop [completely filled]
- samples of previous work [in the format you think suitable]
In the case of teams, the following should be submitted
- a joint letter of interest enclosing how their participation as a team is of value-added [up to 2 pages]
- professional portfolio of each team member [be creative in presenting your portfolio]
- application on the project/idea the team to be addressed [completely filled]
- samples of previous work as a team or individual [in the format you think suitable]
- Incomplete submissions will be automatically considered non-eligible.
- You can present your submissions in English or Arabic.
- Participants are expected to be from the Arab region.
Send your complete application to the following email ADP@undp.org
Application Deadline: September 10, 2017
Application Form [Team]
For More Information: