Applications are now been accepted for the Funded Africa Science Leadership Programme in South Africa 2018, eligible persons are welcome to apply for this program.
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society;
- The ASLP is seeking candidates who are committed to developing leadership in Africa.
- The training itself requires the time commitment of the two multi-day training sessions.
- Furthermore, fellows will be expected to develop their leadership project and engage with other fellows for peer support.
- There will be some costs, which are not covered by the programme, such as visas, vaccinations or local transport expenses, for which you may need to seek support from your local institution or fund personally. You will also be required to provide us with your personal travel insurance details as a condition of participation.
- The programme will use a highly interactive approach to training, application of skills to a leadership project, peer support, and mentorship.
- Fellows will attend an initial 5 day,intensive on-site programme in Pretoria, South Africa from 16-21 March 2018 (departing on the 22nd). The process will involve an approach that cycles between theory, application and reflection. Participants will be challenged to work collaboratively to design initiatives that advance a new paradigm for African science.
- All applicants have to provide two support letters by academic referees (details are provided in the application form). One of the two referees has to commit to be involved in future communications and mentorship in case of selection of the applicant into the programme.
- This referee will be informed about the progress of the fellow and should be willing to support the fellow if he or she requires it.
- All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted by representatives of the University of Pretoria, the Global Young Academy, national young academies, and ASLP Management.
- The ASLP Management team will make the final selection of candidates.
- 05 January 2018 : Applications close
- 01 February 2018 : Outcome letters sent to applicants
- 15 March 2018 : Arrival of fellows, to begin training on the 16th
Deadline for applications: 12 pm UTC on 05 January 2018
If you have any questions/queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: