International applications are currently been accepted for the Fully Funded Yale Fox International Fellowship graduate student exchange program to USA 2018, worthy of note is the eligibility criteria which must be met to avoid disqualification
The Fox International Fellowship is a graduate student exchange program between Yale and 19 world-renowned partner universities. Fox International Fellows are selected for their potential to become leaders in fields that are policy significant, historically informed, and socially meaningful.
Yale University, United States | University of São Paulo, Brazil | Fudan University, China | University of Cambridge, England | Institut d’Études de Politiques de Paris, France | Freie University of Berlin, Germany | University of Ghana, Ghana | Jawaharlal Nehru University, India | Tel Aviv University, Israel | The University of Tokyo, Japan | El Colegio de México, México | Moscow State University, Russia | University of Cape Town, South Africa | Boğaziçi University, Turkey | University of British Columbia, Canada | The Australian National University & The University of Melbourne, Australia | The University of Copenhagen & The Copenhagen Business School, Denmark | National University of Singapore
The Fellowship aims to enable independent research for Masters and Doctoral studies students from the various partnering universities. The research is done within designated fields of study and promote a culture of collaboration and solution-oriented knowledge. The Fox Fellowship is NOT open to postdoctoral applicants and international student proposing projects in their home country are NOT eligible.
The candidate’s overall programme of studies or degree may come from different disciplines and departments as long as their project focuses on one or more of these fields:
• international relations and global affairs,
• environmental policy,
• public health,
• business and finance,
• social sciences,
• political science,
• law, and
• contemporary history.
The candidate must demonstrate commitment to serious research and also capacity for leadership and civic engagement in the larger community. The candidate should clearly understand and demonstrate commitment to being a “citizen ambassador.” The candidate must demonstrate both excellence in relevant coursework as well as strong evidence of research ability in the field of endeavour they are proposing as their Fox Fellowship project.
Duration: The Fellowship is 10 months, beginning mid-August each year.
- All Fellows at Yale receive the same award, which is commensurate to the level of funding received by doctoral students in the graduate school.
- Awards include round-trip travel, accommodations in rental housing provided by the Fox Fellowship and a generous living stipend to cover expenses not already provided for by existing funds that you may have at your disposal.
- The Fellowship will also cover health insurance. All fellows are also able to apply for grants from a research travel fund up to U.S.D $2000.
- Yale will sponsor you for a J-1 Visa. Yale will also sponsor spouses and children for J-2 dependent visa(s).
- Yale will help you support your visa application for spouse and children but cannot provide funding for their travel, living or health care expenses. You may be required to prove that you can support them during your stay at the exchange partner.
Application Deadline: varying by institution
For More Information:Visit the Official Webpage of the Yale Fox International Fellowship 2018