The University of Nebraska is delighted to invite applications from Rwandan students for the Fully-funded Undergraduate Scholarships for Rwandan Students At University of Nebraska,Lincoln 2018, All applicants are reminded to ensure that they have complied with the eligibility criteria to avoid disqualification.
Fields of Study: Students selected to participate in the CASNR Undergraduate Scholarship Program (CUSP) will pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Integrated Science that is focused on conservation agriculture, entrepreneurship, leadership, and innovative thinking and is aligned with the areas of need as identified by the Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources. Students will also have the opportunity to explore other areas of agriculture including: food production – animal, plant and food systems; soils, water quantity and availability, energy and environmental stewardship; nutrition, food safety, food engineering and processing; business, communication, public service and extension education; ecology, conservation biology and climate; and engineering, irrigation, mechanization and technology. Upon completion of the program, participants will return to Rwanda and commit a minimum of 5 years of their career to advancing the Rwanda agricultural sector.
Value of Award: Full scholarships to include tuition, fees, living expenses, and travel costs.
Eligible Countries: Rwanda
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Eligibility: Applicants will be considered based on a combination of meeting Nebraska undergraduate admission requirements, academic performance, a commitment to the goals of the scholarship program as well as a qualitative in-country interview conducted by members of CASNR and the university’s Office of Admissions.
Selection Criteria: At the time of application, an applicant must:
- Meet all University of Nebraska-Lincoln admission requirements
- Hold Rwandan citizenship
- Have graduated from high school by the start of the academic year the applicant is applying for or be a transfer student from university. If you have already completed a Bachelor degree program, you are not eligible to apply for the scholarship. Cambridge International curriculum and exam results are accepted.
- Must meet University of Nebraska-Lincoln English proficiency requirements for full admission1
- TOEFL score of 70 with a written subscore of 20
- IELTS score of 6.0 with a written subscore of 5.5
- Interest in agricultural field of study (food production – animal, plant and food systems; conservation agriculture, soils, water quantity and availability; energy and environmental stewardship; business, entrepreneurship and leadership; nutrition, food safety, food engineering and processing; communication, public service and extension education; ecology, conservation biology and climate; and engineering, irrigation, mechanization and technology)
- Be able to provide the following:
- Stamped copy of S4, S5 and S6 academic transcripts with class ranking. If your school does not provide class rankings, please note “0/0” on your application
- Copy of national exam results after interview selection
- 500-word essay answering “Why are you passionate about pursuing a career aligned with Rwandan agriculture?”
How to Apply: CUSP ONLINE APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 15th December 2017