The University of Miami is currently accepting applications for the U Dreamers Grant.The Grant is intended to meet 100 percent of a student’s demonstrated financial need. Both freshmen and transfer students are welcome to apply. Applications are accepted no later than 1 November each year.
The U Dreamers Grant is the premier grant available to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students at the University of Miami, effective in Fall 2017. UM remains committed to providing students of all nationalities and citizenship statuses with opportunities to nurture their talents and achieve their goals. The University supports undocumented students and will continue to do all it can, within the law, to enable them to pursue their education at UM.
The expenses covered with this program are tuition and fees, on-campus room and board, a meal plan, and University health insurance. Financial aid for this program is renewable for up to four academic years (eight consecutive semesters) or such time required to complete the baccalaureate degree.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
The program is open to eligible DACA high school seniors and transfer students. Candidates for the U Dreamers Grant are selected based on academic merit and the essay. To qualify:
Incoming freshmen must
- attend an accredited high school in Florida;
- apply under the Early Decision I or Early Action application option no later than November 1 of their senior year in high school; and
- submit the U Dreamers essay by November 10 of their senior year.
Students transferring from another college or university must
- attend a regionally accredited institution in the State of Florida;
- have completed or will soon complete 60 credit hours or more at the time of application;
- have graduated with a high school diploma;
- apply by the transfer fall or spring priority deadline; and
- submit the U Dreamers essay by March 9 (fall admission) or November 10 (spring admission).
only the United States citizens may apply this scholarship.
Please click the link below to apply this scholarship.
1 November each year.