The School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research (SSPSSR) is delighted to invite applications for a number of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships to start in September 2018. Applicants can apply to SSPSSR for studentships in Sociology, Criminology and Social Work/Social Policy.
Applications are now invited from prospective PhD students for studentships based in SSPSSR at the University of Kent to commence at the start of the 2018-19 academic year only.
SeNSS is committed to providing innovative and challenging world-class doctoral training in a dynamic, interdisciplinary research environment.
The University of Kent, abbreviated as UKC, is a public research university based in Kent, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1965 and is recognised as a Beloff’s plate glass university.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Kent will offer ESRC SeNSS studentships in the following subject pathways:
- Sociology (School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research)
- Social Work and Social Policy (School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research)
- Business and Management (Kent Business School)
- Linguistics (School of European Culture and Languages)
- Politics and International Studies (School of Politics and International Relations)
- Psychology (School of Psychology)
- Science and Technology Studies (School of Anthropology and Conservation)
- Social Anthropology (School of Anthropology and Conservation)
- Socio-Legal Studies (Kent Law School)
Scholarship Award: Fully-funded SeNSS Studentships include:
- All tuition fees (UK/EU rates)
- Maintenance stipend: in 2017-18 this was £14,553 per annum
- Research training support grant
- Access to further research funding
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applications are now invited from prospective PhD students for studentships based in SSPSSR at the University of Kent to commence at the start of the 2018-19 academic year only. Three Year PhD Scholarships (for those with a relevant MA/ MSc at Merit or Distinction) and Four Year Scholarships (for those with or expected to receive an excellent UG degree who wish to study for an MA and a PhD) are available. Proposals are encouraged in any of the areas in which the School has expertise.
Nationality: Students from the UK are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master’s degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: New students wishing to be considered for ESRC SeNSS funding must apply for a PhD place at the University of Kent and to the School by January 21, 2018, at the latest. Applicants are advised to discuss their research project with academic members of staff in the relevant school as soon as possible. You need to make two applications:
- For a place to study a postgraduate degree at the University – online application
- To the School (SSPSSR) using this form. All relevant documentation must be sent to Kalliopi Glezakou.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2018.