The Government of the Punjab, Pakistan is inviting a fully-funded PhD Scholarships from Pakistani Students. These scholarships will be awarded to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world.
Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarship (SSMS) is a revolutionary step of Govt. of the Punjab which will enable the youth to study at the top ranked educational institutions of the world and play their role in strengthening & uplifting the economy of Pakistan.
The scholarship scheme focuses the meritorious students of Punjab while allocating a special quota for the students of other federating units of Pakistan as well.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are offered for PhD level education at the top-ranked universities in the world.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in the field of Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences & Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities/Arts.
Scholarship Award: PhD Scholarships awarded under SSMS are fully funded and will cover the following costs:
- Tuition fees of the Degree Course
- Boarding & Lodging (as per approved rates)
- Air Fare
Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
Eligibility: Students fulfilling the following criterion shall be eligible to apply for SSMS
- Valid PhD admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years on 31st March, 2017
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past .
- Must take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- All Pakistani Nationals, both males and females are eligible to apply.
Note: Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching / educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS).
Nationality: Students from Pakistan can apply for PhD scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have valid Ph.D. admission offer from Top 50 (Subject wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in preferred subject areas.
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials
- Copy of valid admission offer for Ph.D. for fall 2016 intake
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form)
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone)
- Attested copy of domicile
- Three passport size photographs
- Any other supporting document required to substantiate the facts given in the application form
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 31, 2017.