Fully Funded PhD International Scholarships at University of Macerata in Italy, 2017-2020
The University of Macerata is looking for 7 excellent candidates (6 fully funded opportunities and 1 unfunded opportunity) for its PhD Scholarship Programme for 2017/2020 academic year. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide full funding to international students to study in Italy.
The University of Macerata was founded in 1290 and it is one of the oldest universities in Europe. Its main activities are focused on the humanities and social sciences.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Quantitative Methods for Economic Policy.
The PhD professors offer supervision on a wide range of topics, with particular strengths in:
- graph theory and network analysis
- sparse graphical models
- input-output analysis
- computable general equilibrium models
- computational methods for macro and micro economics
- agent-based economic modelling
- dynamic systems in economics and finance
- mixture regression models and hidden Markov models
- statistical methods for policy evaluation and causal inference in observational studies
Scholarship Award: These are fully funded scholarships.
Number of Scholarships: The University of Macerata is looking for 7 excellent candidates (6 fully funded PhD opportunities and 1 unfunded opportunity).
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Eligible candidates to PhD courses are graduates, regardless of gender, age, religion or nationality, holding either an undergraduate degree in compliance with laws existing prior to Ministerial Decree No. 509/99 or a postgraduate degree or alternatively an equivalent qualification issued by a university institution abroad.
- Applicants holding academic qualifications obtained abroad (both Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees) are to upload such documents together with a list of exams they have passed, along with relevant translations into Italian. Such candidates are provisionally admitted to courses and shall be excluded from this public selection of their qualification does not fulfil formal entry requirements of research programs.
- Students who expect to be granted their degree award by 31.10.2017 may submit their application for PhD programs. In such cases, admission and enrollment are conditional to their statement holding true.
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold either an undergraduate degree in compliance with laws existing prior to Ministerial Decree No. 509/99 or a postgraduate degree or alternatively an equivalent qualification issued by a university institution abroad.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: Applications may be submitted either in Italian or in English online only no later than August 22, 2017, at 2:00 pm (official time in Italy).