Scholars from sub-Saharan Africa are invited to apply for the Fully Funded MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University in Canada 2018/2019 , only scholars that have met with the listed criteria will be considered for this program
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides academically talented young leaders from low-income backgrounds with access to a world-class university education. In all, The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill will welcome 91 Scholars from Sub-Saharan Africa, including 24 at the Master’s level. Unique to McGill, some Scholars are from French-speaking countries and will receive intensive English language training before starting their degree programs.
Institution: Mcgill University Canada
At McGill, the holistic design of the program intends to provide students with comprehensive support, including:
- A full scholarship (school fees, living expenses, books, stipends, visas);
- Academic curricula relevant to growth sectors;
- Up to 1 year of English language instruction (if needed);
- Mentoring and counselling, including academic and social support;
- Service and experiential learning (volunteerism, internships); and
- Career counselling and connections to jobs in the scholars’ country.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Applicants to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must qualify academically for admission to McGill University. Please note that admission is competitive; see Admissions Guide.
- You must be a first-time applicant to university (transfer applicants are not eligible).
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are welcome; see List of Eligible Countries
- You must have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community.
- You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
Please note that the following programs are not eligible for funding from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program:
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
Applying to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University
- To apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program at McGill University, you must FIRST submit an online application for admission to McGill University. The online application can be found at: www.mcgill.ca/applying/apply.
- Applicants to the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill are exempt from paying the $107.50 application fee, and must follow the special procedures.
- The following document should be read in its entirety before beginning the online application as it include all specific instructions to apply to McGill as a prospective Mastercard Foundation Scholar:
|STEP 2||Additional Documents Required for Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application
Follow the steps as listed in the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – How to Apply. The supporting documents for your MCF application (below), must all be completed and uploaded to McGill’s online portal, Minerva to be included with your application.Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Application Form
PDF Version – Application FormValidation of Financial Status Form
PDF Version – Validation of Financial Status FormRecommendation Form
PDF Version – Recommendation Form
If you have questions about the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for your application for admission to McGill University is December 10th, 2017 and all supporting documents must be received by January 10th, 2018
Application Deadline:December 10th, 2017
For More Information: