The Institute of Science and Technology Austria is inviting applicants for its Fully-Funded IST Scholar PhD Position in the natural and mathematical sciences.
The goal of the IST Scholar PhD program is to produce intellectually broad, curious, open-minded scientists who are able to approach problems from different angles and can collaborate with diverse types of scientists.
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria, commonly known as IST Austria, is a young international institute of basic research and graduate education in natural and mathematical sciences, located in Maria Gugging, Klosterneuburg, 20 km northwest of the Austrian capital of Vienna.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in biology, neuroscience, mathematics, computer science, physics, and related areas.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available for PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of natural and mathematical sciences.
- Scholarship Award: All our PhD students are fully funded, at internationally competitive salary levels, and receive full social security coverage.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Austria
How to Apply:
- IST Austria processes applications to the PhD program once per year. The application portal is available from mid-October to January 8 for a start in September in the following year. To apply you have to create an online account, which will allow you to track your application through its various stages. We do not accept applications and documents received outside of this system.
- We ask you to upload the following documents to the application portal:
- Statement of purpose.
- University transcripts and diplomas of all degree programs and all years you have attended and/or are currently enrolled in (in English and in original language).
- The contact information of 3 referees.
- All documents have to be submitted in English, the university transcripts also in their original language.