SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications are now been accepted for the Fully Funded Deutsche Welle International Journalism Traineeship 2018, eligible persons are welcome to apply
DW are looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or the sciences.
Type: Traineeship program
Deutsche Welle’s new traineeship is designed for inquisitive, open-minded, critical journalists who view journalism as more than a profession – for them it’s a passion. Trainees require some journalism experience and above all linguistic talents. We’re looking for:
• native speakers of English who have acquired a basic working knowledge of German prior to the start of the traineeship and who have one additional DW language
• German native speakers who are able to report in English and who also have a good working knowledge of another DW language
• native speakers of another DW program language (specifically Turkish, Russian, Farsi, Kiswahili and Hausa) with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Requirements: For the bilingual DW traineeship are looking for:
• English native speakers with a good working knowledge of German
• German native speakers with an excellent working knowledge of English
• Native speakers of another DW program language (specifically Turkish, Russian, Farsi, Kiswahili and Hausa) with a good, working knowledge of both English and German.
Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
At the core of the training is a total of six months of theory and practice-oriented seminar blocks looking at everything from journalism basics and live reports to data-driven journalism and mobile reporting. Multimedia is not just a buzzword here – it’s how we work. And it’ll be the way you work, too – in seminars, editorial departments and your final project. By the end of the traineeship you’ll be an expert in multimedia storytelling.
Deutsche Welle’s new, redesigned traineeship offers the complete ABC of journalism from live television reporting to multimedia storytelling. The 18-month multimedia traineeship is for online, radio and television and comprises:
• six months in total of theory as well as practical training seminars held in English and German with instruction by working journalists
• nine months of placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin, and including a placement with a DW foreign bureau in Brussels, Moscow or Washington
• a one-month placement with DW’s partner broadcaster, Deutschlandradio
• a one-month placement with a media organization of your choice
• one month of vacation
DW journalism traineeship
For More Information: