Entries are currently been submitted for the Fully Funded College of Humanities and Social Sciences PhD-Research Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences 2018, eligible persons are by this notice charged to hurry and apply for this program.
About the Award:
Humanities and social science
Value of Award:
It is a fully-funded three-year programme of study with generous financial support from the Andrew W Mellow Foundation. The scholarship will cover the following costs: living expenses, accommodation, medical insurance, a laptop computer, critical books, data processing / analysis, photocopying and fieldwork related costs. The maximum value of the scholarship for the 2018 Fellows is approximately UGX 45,290,000 in the first year, UGX 45,290,000 in the second year and UGX 41,790,000 in the third year. In the second year of study, the Fellow and his or her supervisors will apply for Fieldwork funding to enable them conduct research and collect data in the field.
To Be Taken At (Country):
The eligible candidates should:
- Have practical research experience from working in Humanities and Social Sciences research projects at a University or Research Institute and a strong foundation in scientific writing and research methods.
- Be a full time or part time member of staff in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences Makerere University (please attach your appointment letter as proof of your employment status at Makerere University). The specific schools of CHUSS whose staff are eligible are Social Sciences; Women and Gender Studies; Liberal and Performing Arts; Languages, Literature and Communication and the School of Psychology.
- Be a holder of Masters degree in Humanities and Social Sciences from a recognised university. The Master’s degree must have been completed not less than ten years at the time of application.
- Be a holder of an undergraduate degree in Humanities and Social Sciences from a recognised university with a Second Upper Class or above.
- Satisfy all the Makerere University Graduate admissions regulations and criteria.
- Provide two letters from two academic referees who are intimately familiar with his/her work recommending his/her application. It is important that the referees give the recommendation letter to the applicant to scan and send it with his or her application.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 40 years (men) or 45 years (women) before April 2018.
- Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
The complete application form and supporting documents must be submitted by Friday, 16th February 2018 to the following email addresses:
Application Deadline: 16th February 2018