Nominations are currently on going for the Fully Funded Civicus Nelson Mandela – Graça Machel Innovation Awards 2017 for Civil Society Organizations/Activists.
The 2017 Nelson Mandela – Graça Machel Innovation Awards is celebrating the 12th year of recognising individuals and organisations for their excellence, innovation, and bravery in creating positive social change. Nominations are now open for Youth Activists, Individual Activists, Civil Society Organisations, and the newest category of Brave Philanthropy.
- Nominators can nominate themselves or organisations with which they are affiliated, or nominate other individuals or organisations.
- Nominators can submit a maximum of one nomination per category.
- Nominations must be based on specific activities that took place between 1 May 2016 and 31 July 2017. (Any nominations based on activities that took place outside of this time frame will not be considered.)
- No member of the Civic Space Initiative or individual who is otherwise involved with the Nelson Mandela–Graça Machel Innovation Awards, whether as an officer, director, employee, or independent contractor, is eligible to be nominated.
- The winners of the categories for Youth Activist, Individual Activist, and Civil Society Organisation will receive a $1,500 cash prize and funding to attend International Civil Society Week in Suva, Fiji from 4-8 December 2017, where they will receive their award.
- The winner of the Brave Philanthropy category will have the fees for International Civil Society Week waived.
- All shortlisted and winning nominations will be promoted through the CIVICUS network and via the SPEAK! website.
- The Awards nomination period begins on 28 August 2017 and ends at 11:59pm ( GMT+2) on 21 September 2017.
- CIVICUS reserves the right to extend the nomination period and post notification of any extension on the Awards webpage (https://www.togetherwespeak.org/awards/).
- All nominations should be submitted via the Awards webpage using the online form. However, recognising the digital divide, we encourage individuals and organisations with resources to assist possible nominators who may not have access to the webpage, and we invite individuals or organisations to contact us if they require assistance.
- All nominations must be submitted before the end of the nomination period.
- Due to the large number of nominations, CIVICUS may not be able to acknowledge receipt of submissions.
- A selection of nominations will be posted on the Awards webpage as an example and inspiration for others.
For More Information: