Applications are now available for the Fully-funded ARES Masters and Training Scholarships for Developing Countries In Belgium 2018/2019, eligible persons are to hurry and make the most of this opportunity while it lasts.
About Fully-funded ARES Masters and Training Scholarships :
Benefits of Scholarship:
Travel (internal and external), Monthly living allowance, Indirect mission costs, Installation costs, Tuition fees, Registration fee, Insurance costs, Housing allowance, Allowances for dependents, Return fees, In 1st session completion bonus (June).
Students from African and developing countries
To be taken in:
Accepted Subject Areas (Masters):
- Master of Specialization in Development, Environment and Societies
- Specialization Master in Human Rights
- Master of Specialization in Aquatic Resource Management and Aquaculture
- Master of Specialization in Risk and Disaster Management
- Specialized Master in Integrated Management of Health Risks in the Global South (IManHR)
- Specialized Master in International Development
- Master of Specialization in Transfusion Medicine
- Specialized Master in Microfinance
- Master of specialization in integrated production and preservation of natural resources in urban and peri-urban areas
- Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology
- Master of Science in Public Health – Methods of Research Applied to Global Health
- Master of Science and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
- Specialized Master in Transport and Logistics
Accepted Subject Areas (Training):
- Internship in control and quality assurance of medicines and health products
- Research Initiation to Strengthen Health Systems
- Internship in Geographic Information System
- Internship in secondary resource development for sustainable construction
- Methodological internship in support of innovation in family farming
The following will apply for the selection of holders of scholarships:
- Originally from a developing country. To be eligible, applicants must reside and work in their own country at the time of filing;
- Only nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for scholarships ARES: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia ( only for courses in English ), Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal, Vietnam ;
- Either under the age of 40 for courses and under 45 for training periods at the start of training;
- Either holds a diploma comparable to a diploma of the second cycle of Belgian university education. However, for certain types of training, different requirements may be set out, which will be specified below;
- Demonstrates a professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years after completing his / her second cycle or three years after the end of his / her studies when the candidate holds a post-graduate diploma a university in an industrialized country;
- A good knowledge of written and spoken French. For courses organized in another language, it is necessary to have a good knowledge of the language of the course, written and spoken. The candidate will also be asked to commit to learning French in order to participate in everyday life in Belgium;
- Apply for a single training
150 scholarships for participation into the masters and 70 scholarships for participation into the training programmes.
Application Deadlines: The deadline of this program have have passed but we encourage that you keep checking this site as we will bring you updates on the new program and deadline as well.
How to Apply: Download the form 2018-2019 in French (16 pages – 980 Ko) (for French specialization masters).
It is important to go through the Application requirements and procedures on the Scholarship Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important: Applying for a ARES Masters and Training scholarship is absolutely free of charge. ARES does not charge any fee at any stage of the application or selection process. You may raise any question or concern about persons or companies claiming to be acting on behalf of ARES and requesting the payment of a fee by emailing ARES at maryvonne.aubry[at]ares-ac.be.
Any application containing cash will be automatically rejected.