SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Fulbright scholarships will be awarded to applicants who demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and a commitment to improving cross-cultural relations through international exchange.
For Minimum Institutional TOEFL score of 550 from AMIDEAST Egypt or any of the given ETS Authorised Distributors and/or ITP Testing Centers is required.
Course Level: This is a visiting research scholar’s programme.
Study Subject: This program provides grants to conduct non-degree, full-time research at the graduate level at U.S. institutions of higher education for a minimum of four months (generally, a U.S. academic semester) to a maximum of nine months (generally, a U.S. academic year). Most academic fields of study are eligible.
Scholarship Award: Grants are open, merit-based, awarded competitively, and are subject to availability of funds. Award benefits generally include round-trip international airfare, stipends intended to cover housing expenses and living expenses, a one-time settling-in allowance, health insurance that meets J visa Exchange Visitor Program regulations, book allowance, and a return baggage allowance. As part of the affiliation, grantees generally have access to work space, university ID cards, borrowing privileges at university libraries, access to appropriate laboratories, account for computer facilities, and off-campus housing. The program does not assist with housing arrangements.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The program is open to anyone who is/has:
- Citizen or national of BiH, or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport
- Enrolled in good standing in an accredited PhD program in the proposed field of study at the time of application. The typical profile of a Visiting Student Researcher is one in the final stages of PhD study who aims to advance his/her research in the United States for his/her PhD dissertation. The proposed research objectives must also be directly related to the candidate’s work and interests and have an impact on their home community and beyond or
- Enrolled in good standing in an accredited Master’s degree program in the proposed field of study at the time of application. The proposed research objectives must be directly related to the candidate’s studies, work and interests, help with future studies, and have an impact on their home community and beyond or
- Completed a Master’s degree in the proposed field of study at the time of application. The proposed research objectives must be directly related to the candidate’s work and interests, help with future studies, and have an impact on their home community and beyond
- Not scheduled to complete the PhD program at his/her home institution before the start of or during the Fulbright program
- English language proficiency commensurate with the proposed activities to be carried out in the United States. Finalists must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Registration instructions and test fee vouchers will be provided
- Cleared by a physician to participate in the program (finalists only)
- Eligible to receive and maintain the exchange visitorJ-1 non-immigrant visa required for the program
- Committed to returning to BiH for a minimum of two years. As J-1 visa holders, grantees are subject to the two-year home-country foreign residency requirement. Accompanying dependents on J-2 visas are also subject to this requirement.
- Candidates with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status
- Candidates who have attended undergraduate or graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to date of application
- Candidates who have resided in the United States for five or more consecutive years (for nine months or more during a calendar year) in the six-year period preceding the date of application
- Candidates who are in the United States
- Religious workers lay or ordained, are not eligible for consideration if their projects involve engaging in pastoral, missionary, or other professional religious activities
- Candidates on active military duty must list their military title and provide information on any restrictions which might affect performance or responsibilities under the grant. Candidates not on active duty, or who have a military title without compensation, must specify in their application if they intend or are required to affiliate with the military upon return to the home country
- Employees of U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and their immediate family members (spouses and dependent children) are ineligible for grants during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment, association, or service. This provision includes all employees, paid or unpaid (including part-time or temporary employees, consultants, externs, fellows, and contract employees). This provision does not apply to interns and does not disqualify self-supporting children who live apart from their parents. The one-year period of ineligibility is calculated from the date of termination of employment, service, or association until the program application deadline.
Nationality: Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed a Master’s degree in the proposed field of study at the time of application.
English language Requirements: English language proficiency commensurate with the proposed activities to be carried out in the United States. Finalists must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Registration instructions and test fee vouchers will be provided.
How to Apply: Interested applicants must apply to the U.S. Embassy to BiH using the official Embark Foreign Fulbright Program online application form. Candidates who need to complete a paper application are encouraged to contact us for further guidance. Instructions for completing questions and items are provided in the online application. In addition, candidates must follow BiH-specific instructions available for download in Embark at “Step1. Instructions” or on this page under More Info (PDF 308kB). After national selection, the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board in the United States selects candidates nominated for awards.
The online application package must include the followings:
- Detailed research objectives statement
- Detailed personal statement
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference
- Copies of all post-secondary academic transcripts and degrees or diplomas awarded. Finalists must provide official transcripts and certified copies of degrees or diplomas accompanied by original English translation
- Letter of support from employer, if applicable
- Report on Proficiency in Englishform
- Foreign Student Academic Records form
- Academic Records Information form
- Signature form
- A copy of biographical page of valid BiH passport.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is April 30, 2017.