United States Government under the Fulbright Graduate Student program is awarding Scholarship to Filipinos to study at the graduate level (master’s or doctoral studies) or pursue non-degree doctoral enrichment or doctoral dissertation research in the United States.
Grants under the Philippine Fulbright Student Program are for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree, one to two years for master’s, and two years for doctoral degree studies. The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supplies allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Fields of Study:
Study of the United States – the study of American culture, life and society through such fields as government, education, arts and humanities, law, economics, literature, history, the multi-disciplinary field of American Studies or any other humaniities or social science field with significant study of the US subject matter.
Global Issues – Fields of study include the environment, human rights, governance and public administration, peace studies/conflict resolution/transformation, international relations and transnational issues, international economics, international business, international law, public health and STEM fields.
Open Grants – Fields of study not covered by the first two field categories with the exception of medicine, nursing, physical and occupational therapy, clinical psychology, medical technology, and accountancy.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Philippine citizenship
- English proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; excellent undergraduate record
- Applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Applicants for the degree programs must be no older than 40 years of age at the time of application. This age requirement is waived for non-degree study.
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the US.
- Applicants must return to the Philippines immediately upon completion of study.
- Non-degree applicants must meet the added requirements:
- Applicants for doctoral enrichment must be enrolled in a relevant study program in a Philippine university
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation must show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
- Official or certified transcript of records from all colleges/universities attended
- Certified true copy of diploma (not original)
- Four letters of reference (forms are included with the application kit)
- Completed 8-page application form
- NBI Clearance acquired in the past 6 months
Application period for 2018-2019 Graduate Student Program is from December 12, 2016 to March 24, 2017.
Printed copy of completed applications must be received at the PAEF office on or before March 24, 2017.
Grantees are expected to begin their studies in the U.S. late August or early September of 2018.