The Public Affairs Office of the United States Embassy, Luanda is inviting application from Angola citizens for scholarships for graduate studies at an American university for a maximum period of two years.
The Fulbright Scholarship program is designed for professionals with academic excellence, great leadership skills, civic spirit, and demonstrated dedication to public service.
The United States’s embassy in Luanda is the only American representation in Angola. Angola has 4 representations in the United States. The American embassy is one of 73 foreign representations in Angola, and one of 67 foreign representations in Luanda. U.S Embassy in Luanda assists Angola through partnership programs in a number of areas including health, agriculture, economic growth, education, demining, English programs, building democracy and helping to assure regional stability.
Course Level: The scholarship is available for pursuing Master’s degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is available for the following subjects of agricultural development, banking and finance, communication and journalism, drug abuse prevention, economic development, educational administration and planning, human resource development, law and human rights, natural resources and environmental management, public health policy and management, public policy analysis and public administration, technology policy and management, and urban and regional planning.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Assistance to the grantee in the identification of an application for admission to American Universities.
- Costs of standardized tests required for admission to those universities.
- Pre-departure Orientation.
- Assistance in obtaining the J-1 visa (Exchange Program Visa).
- Economy class round-trip airline ticket.
- Medical Insurance provided by the Government of the United States, which fulfils the minimum requirements established by the J-1 visa and by the Fulbright Program.
- Living expenses, which vary depending on city of destination.
- Pre-academic programs in the U.S. The lengths of these programs vary between four days and eight weeks and are held before the graduate study program begins. These programs are designed to fit the needs of the course in which the grantee is accepted.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in the USA.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Be Angola citizens and currently reside in Angola.
- Hold a bachelor’s Degree (4 years including the thesis defence). Must be in possession of a diploma at the application phase.
- Have an excellent Grade Point Average upon completion of prior studies.
- Be proficient in English. (This must be demonstrated by taking an English Proficiency Test administered by the Embassy, or by attaching TOEFL scores to the application if the applicant has already completed testing, the minimum acceptable score is 80 points in the IBT version of the TOEFL).
Nationality: Applicants of Angola can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a bachelor’s Degree
English Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in English. (This must be demonstrated by taking an English Proficiency Test administered by the Embassy, or by attaching TOEFL scores to the application if the applicant has already completed testing, the minimum acceptable score is 80 points in the IBT version of the TOEFL).
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online mode.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 14, 2017