Last updated on May 1st, 2018 at 09:25 am
Entries are currently been accepted for the Fulbright-CHED Scholarships for Graduate Studies in the US for Philippine HEI Faculty & Staff
The objective of a Fulbright-CHED grant is to enable qualified higher education faculty and staff currently affiliated with CHED-recognized higher education institutions, to pursue master’s or doctoral studies, including thesis or dissertation research in the United States to upgrade the country’s higher education system, fast-track the Higher Education Reform Agenda, and develop leaders who can contribute to promoting better understanding between the Philippines and the United States.
Funding is for a maximum of one academic year for non-degree and two years for both master’s and doctoral degree studies. The grant provides for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supply allowance, and health and accident insurance. Successful candidates must commit to fulfill a return service obligation with their HEIs in the form of teaching upon completion of the grant. Applicants who are accepted in the program must enter into a tripartite contract with the sending Philippine institution and CHED for the monitoring of the re-entry action plan.
- Philippine citizenship
- Must meet English proficiency requirement of U.S. universities
- Has college degree with major in field of specialization
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Must have adequate knowledge that would prepare a scholar for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- While no medical certification is required at application time, applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate studies in the United States. Selected grantees will be required to pass a medical examination
- Must have at least two years of teaching experience (after college) in field of specialization or professional experience relevant to the field of study and currently employed by a CHED-recognized higher education institution. Assistantships during college do not count.
- Not older than 42 years of age for applicants for master’s degree programs; not older than 40 years of age for doctoral degree applicants, and not more than 50 years old for doctoral dissertation grant applicants.
- Applicants for doctoral dissertation research must be enrolled in a doctoral program; must have a dissertation topic approved at least by his/her adviser to be conducted in the U.S
- Has no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law.
- Is committed to return to and serve the Philippines upon completion of study and fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, and comply with the HEI’s return service obligation.
- Once the applicant is accepted in the program, he/she shall enter into a tripartite contract with the sending Philippine institution and CHED for the monitoring of the re-entry action plan.
Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the US are not eligible.
updates on deadline for application will be communicated SHORTLY