FSC is delighted to offer opportunities to promising and potential youth correspondent who can engage their peers by covering this important event with originality, accuracy and inspiring reporting.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries – representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them.
The successful applicant will receive:
- Return flights on economy class to Vancouver;
- Reimbursement of visa application fees;
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver;
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided.
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills in English;
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a journalism/communications degree at the time of application. Students in forestry/environmental sciences related degrees with the above required writing skills are also encouraged to apply;
- Be between the ages of 18 to 26;
- Not be working as a professional journalist at the time of the event;
- Have a good working knowledge of English (Spanish, or additional languages desirable);
- Be available to travel on and around the dates of the FSC GA 2017 (9 to 13 October 2017);
- Be in possession of a valid passport, which does not expire before 31 October 2017;
- Not have any legal reasons to be denied a visa to enter Canada.
Eligible Regions: Not specified.
Application should include:
- CV or resume including full contact details, education, volunteer and working experience (max. 2 pages);
- A brief cover letter in English detailing why you want to be the FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 and how your experience would help you to achieve the deliverables (max. one page);
- Copies of, or links to, three examples of your work (articles, blog posts, videos etc.), preferably on environmental issues;
- Desirable: A letter supporting your application from a teacher, professor, mentor, professional journalist etc.
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017