The Florida Stormwater Association (FSA) Educational Foundation is proud to announce the FSAEF Scholarship to award financial assistance to qualified graduate students whose educational interest is in stormwater research, management or finance. The program is open to college students who are currently enrolled on a full-time basis in a graduate program at a Florida college or university. The purpose of the program is to support Florida graduate students who are pursuing careers in stormwater programs. Through the scholarship, the FSA Foundation will be awarded $2,000 scholarship award to deserving candidates.
Florida Stormwater Association (FSA) Educational Foundation is a 315-member, non-profit professional association of local governments, engineering/consulting firms, academic departments and other organizations that have an interest in stormwater management and finance. The FSA was organized in 1993as the Florida Association of Stormwater Utilities (FASU). It is a parallel organization providing research and scholarship services.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applications will be accepted from graduate students in colleges or schools of engineering, natural science, public administration (or closely related fields) that have an interest in stormwater science, engineering or finance.
- Eligibility is limited to students in good standing that are currently enrolled on a full-time basis in a graduate program at a Florida college or university, and plan to attend classes during the Fall 2017 semester on a full-time basis.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application through the given link: https://www.florida-stormwater.org/assets/FSAEF/Scholarship/2017%20scholarship%20description-application.pdf
Applicants must submit the following information:
- A letter of transmittal applying for the award. The letter should provide a brief biographical sketch explaining your interest in stormwater and a discussion of your career goals relating to stormwater. The letter should also detail your need for and the intended use of the scholarship. (15 points)
- A letter of recommendation from your major professor(s). (5 points)
- A sealed copy of your official transcripts. If the transcripts are being sent directly from the college, please include a contact phone number to verify mailing. (10 points)
- A brief (two or three pages) paper that summarizes a recent stormwater-related project or research effort in which you were involved, or a brief paper that describes the importance of stormwater management in today’s society. (20 points)
The complete application with all the requested materials must be submitted by the following:
- Mail toFSA Educational Foundation Attention: Scholarship Program 719 East Park Avenue Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Email to: stormwater-at-ksanet.net
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded by the Florida Stormwater Association (FSA) Educational Foundation.
- The award recipient will be given a complimentary full Conference registration and a one night stay at the Conference hotel.
The FSAEF Scholarship applications and all supporting materials are due on August 4, 2017.
Link for More information:
If you have any questions, contact directly by call (888) 221-3124 or email stormwater-at-ksanet.net