Application forms are now available for the 2018-19 FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme (FCFP) For International Researchers in Germany. Cofund FellowshipProgramme (FCFP) to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research for working on their own research project at FRIAS.
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is the University of Freiburg’s international research college. The Institute supports innovative research projects through individual FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme. It is at the centre of a very active research community and has since its creation in 2008 acquired an international reputation for academic excellence.
Level: Research Project
Field(s): Under the FCFP, incoming fellows are placed within the strongest and most competitive research areas of the University of Freiburg. They are free to pursue their own research projects and are given the means to really push forward with their ideas.
Funded By: The FCFP is co-financed by the European Union through the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) “Marie Sk?odowska-Curie Action, People, Co-funding of regional, national and international programs (COFUND)” and the state of Baden-Wurttemberg.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme is targeted for Researchers of all nationalities
‣ Award No: 20 FCFP fellowships are available.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme is available to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research.
- According to the EU mobility rule, applicants may not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) or have had their main residence in Germany for more than a total of 12 months during the 3-year period prior to the application deadline; compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Returnees from phases of international, inter-sectoral and/or non-academic mobility (such as researching outside Germany, working for industry, or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be in possession of a doctoral degree at the time of the application deadline;
- Junior scheme: completed PhD plus initial – one to six years – post-doctoral experience (Time off for family or medical reasons or non-academic professional activities may be added to the six years.)
- Senior scheme: completed PhD plus a minimum of six years post-doctoral research experience
- Selection Criteria for FRIAS Cofund Fellowship Programme
- The determining selection criteria in the merit-based, internationally oriented, peer-review selection procedure are the academic excellence of both the applicant and the project proposal.
- A personal qualification with regard to international expertise, leadership skills and interdisciplinary interest is also taken into account during the evaluation of the applications.
- A thematic proximity between the project and the research profile of the University of Freiburg is expected to guarantee an added value for conducting research within the FCFP.
Scholarship Application Method
- Programme details
- Eligibility Requirements and Application Procedure
- Application for External Senior Fellowships
- Application for Junior FellowshipsSelection Procedure
- Financial Aspects
‣ All required documents should be in pdf format. After submission of the documents applicants will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: The next call for applications for fellowships 2018/19 will open on 01 September 2017. Application deadline is 10 October, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.