The French Embassy in Kenya is delighted to announce a new development fund called PISCCA (Innovative Projects for Civil Society and Coalition of Actors).
The PISCCA fund aims at contributing to poverty alleviation efforts by supporting capacity building projects. It seeks to meet the direct needs of communities, as well as to give the beneficiaries a chance to be directly involved in the development process.
- Applicants can be CBOs, NGOs or other non-profit organizations;
- Applicants must be Kenyan;
- The requested amount must not exceed 7,6 million Kenyan Shilling;
- The duration of the project must be between 6 and 15 months;
- The project must be co-financed by at least 30% of the total cost;
- The administrative costs (including personnel costs)must not exceed 10% of the total budget and must be fully justified.
- The project must contribute to poverty alleviation and to sustainable development;
- The applicant must demonstrate organizational capacity and administrative efficiency;
- The applicant must demonstrate an established record of achievements.
Note that the grant will not cover any infrastructure-related cost.
Projects that cannot be supported
- Training projects with no tangible realisations;
- Set-up of organizations;
- Punctual operations such as conferences, exhibitions, fundraising events, scholarships, etc.
The following areas are a priority
Environment: this includes climate change mitigation/adaptation, food security, waste management Improvement of the living conditions of vulnerable populations: this includes socio-economic integration of single mothers, support to disabled people and their families, children’s rights, integration of refugees.
Candidates from all over the country can submit a proposal. However, the following counties are given priority and highly encouraged to participate: Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Uasin Gishu.
How to apply?
The French Embassy invites candidates who wish to submit a proposal to download the application form (Word – 126.5 kb).
Proposals should be submitted before Tuesday 20th June 2017 at noon. In order to ensure fairness to all, any candidate trying to contact the French Embassy will see his/her application rejected.
- Fill in the application form strictly respecting the instructions and answering every question;
- Make sure your application contains all the necessary attachments detailed at the end of this form;
- Return all the documents by email or by post before Tuesday 20th June 2017 at noon to:
Project officer – PISCCA
French Embassy in Kenya
Barclay’s Plaza Tower
P.O. Box 41 784- 00100 Nairobi
Application Deadline: June 20th 2017
For More Information: