SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Dahlem Research School is inviting offering 15 Postdoc Fellowships, each research fellowship will be awarded for 14 months. Applicants must submit a project plan based on the research fields/ key topics of the participating host research projects of Freie Universität Berlin.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: DAHLEM RESEARCH SCHOOL (DRS) is the strategic center for junior researchers and the Center for Research Strategy (CRS) promotes cutting-edge research at Freie Universität Berlin. Through the DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP Program, DRS and CRS provide funding for highly qualified postdoctoral fellows with at least six months of international research experience to conduct their own research within one of the university’s outstanding collaborative research projects. In addition, international research stays are supported in order to allow researchers to build up a full year of international research experience by the time they complete their DAHLEM POSTDOC FELLOWSHIP.
Eligibility: The call is open to experienced researchers of all disciplines and all nationalities who
- hold a doctoral degree (the dissertation must already be submitted and proof of thismust be available by the application deadline)
- completed their doctoral degree no longer than four years prior to the deadline (thedate on the doctoral certificate applies)
- have at least six months international research experience, three months of whichmust be an uninterrupted stay.
Female postdoctoral researchers and returnees from phases of international mobility or after a career break e.g. due to family reasons are especially encouraged to apply.
Selection: Fellows are selected in a four-step procedure: 1. Administrative eligibility check 2. International peer review 3. Structured interviews 4. Approval by the university’s Executive Board Each phase must be passed successfully to proceed to the next.
Number of Awardees: 15
Value of Fellowship: Fellows are given the opportunity to expand their academic profile by experiencing early independence combined with professional guidance. During their stay they are integrated into research groups and assigned a professor as scientific advisor.
- Employment contract at level TV-L FU E13 (which refers to the collective agreement for the public area of Berlin and translates into an annual net salary of approx. 25.600 to 33.400 Euro, depending on previous work experience and marital status)
- Social security and health insurance included
- An annual research allowance (3.600 Euro for office based/7.200 Euro for field-tripbased/ 10.800 Euro for lab based projects)
- Travel allowance for research stays of up to six months at an international research institution
- One-time reimbursement of travel costs when moving to Berlin
Duration of Fellowship: Each research fellowship will be awarded for 14 months starting from November 1, 2017
How to Apply: To apply, please register with the DRS online application platform (on the DRS webpage), fill out the online application form and upload all required documents. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 15th March, 2017
Award Provider: Freie Universität Berlin