SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Applications for the Freeman Foundation International Fellowship Grant is currently being accepted. This internship program is open to applicants from any countries. The program must take place in one of the defined Asian countries below. Applications are accepted three times a year; Summer, Fall and Spring.
The purpose of these grants is to help defray the costs of the international fellowship internship, not to fully fund the experience. Students are strongly encouraged to begin researching outside sources of funding before submitting a grant application.
A maximum of $6,550 will be available for each fellowship grant. The final amount for each grant will be determined by funds available to GSCD and the budget submitted with each application. Applications for amounts less than $6,550 are not more likely to succeed. We strongly encourage well researched requests that may exceed the $6,550 grant limit.
Level and Area of Studies
This Freeman Foundation International Fellowship Grant is internship program in any field.
Place of Study
The program must taken at one of these Asian countries; Cambodia, China, East Timor, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You must have secured an internship in East Asia and/or Southeast Asia or have started an internship located in East Asia or Southeast Asia at an organization that offers substantial opportunities directly related to your degree program and specialty.
- Your internship must require at least 20 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- You must be a currently enrolled Elliott School graduate student and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- International students are eligible to apply, but the internship cannot be located in the United States.
The United States and overseas citizens are welcome to apply this Freeman Foundation International Fellowship Grant.
The application Package must include:
- Personal and internship information sections
- Completed and signed Internship Employer/Mentor Form
- Interest essay (500 word maximum)
- Faculty Support Form completed and signed by a GW faculty member
- Estimated Budget Sheet, including personal and alternative sources of funding
- Current resume
- Copy of most recent GW transcript (may be unofficial)
– Summer: April
– Fall : July
– Spring : December all in 2017