Free Online Course on Finance Fundamentals: Investment Theory and Practice
The Open University (OU) is delighted to announce free online course named as “Finance Fundamentals: Investment Theory and Practice”. Finance Fundamentals: Investment Theory and Practice is geared to give you the knowledge and confidence to take charge of your investments and your financial future.
The facilitated 4-week course is right up-to-date and includes coverage of the current reforms to pensions rolled out in 2015 – changes that have radically changed the way many will use their pension savings as they move into retirement. The course will start on April 3, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Finance Fundamentals: Investment Theory and Practice
- Institution: The Open University (OU)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on April 3, 2017.
- About University: The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. Since it began in 1969, the OU has taught more than 1.8 million students and has almost 220,000 current students, including more than 15,000 overseas.
- Aim of University: University aim to provide a higher education curriculum which provides choice, makes learning and research accessible and strives to meet the needs of our students and the societies in which they live and work
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
About This Course
- Benefits: You’ll study the various investment choices and the returns and risks associated with different products. You’ll also study investment strategies and how to ensure your approach to investment is consistent with your risk-return appetite. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject In Today’s Scenario: Fundamentals of Finance play a very important role in the present market driven world. Starting from the process of production to distribution, the entrepreneur as well as the company needs finance. The business enterprises as well as firms need finance to meet all of their short term, medium term and long term needs.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLBFinvestmentto join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Finance Fundamental course which will give you valuable skills to manage finances at home and at work, and enable you to earn a FutureLearn Award.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%. You can easily add it to your LinkedIn profile, CV or resumé, and share it with friends or employers.
- Explore the different types of personal investments and the returns they offer
- Identify and to understand the key investment management theories
- Identify investment management practices
- Explore and review recent investment management stories
- Identify and to understand the impact of behavioural factors on investment decision-making
Martin Upton: He is Director of the True Potential Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance (PUFin) at the OU Business School.
None basic knowledge is required for the course but have an interest in Investment and Finance.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Finance Fundamentals: Financial Planning and Budgeting” free online course.
- Throughout the course will provide recent and current case studies on investment issues to demonstrate how the ideas and problems explored in the course are manifested by episodes in the world of personal investments.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course, and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: