The Imperial College Business School is delighted to announce free online course “Finance Essentials for MBA Success”. This is a completely online course, you can work wherever and wh enever you choose: at home, in the workplace, at a library, coffee shop or even while traveling (with the appropriate network access).The course is intended to discover how to use fundamental finance tools in both management and MBA learning contexts and understand common financial situations faced in everyday life.
Want to study for an MBA but are unsure of basic financial concepts? This business and management course prepares you for studying finance in an MBA program.The course will start on March 20, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 2-3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Imperial College Business School
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 20, 2017
- About University: As part of Imperial College London, a global leader in science and technology, Imperial College Business School drives business advantage through the fusion of business and technology and an entrepreneurial mindset. We combine innovative thinking and insight with new technology to develop practical solutions to real-world issues, benefiting business and improving society.
- Aim of University: The mission of Imperial College Business School is inspiring brilliant minds to be the world’s future leaders of business and society. They drive global business and social transformation through the fusion of business, technology, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
No previous financial knowledge is needed. Join us as you start your journey into the world of finance for management.
About This Course
- Benefits: In this free online course you will learn key financial topics such as present value, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), capital budgeting, equity, bonds, diversification, portfolio choice and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM). The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The Applied Finance Management course within the online Executive Certificate in Global Finance will immerse you in the fundamental concepts and current issues of finance to understand and develop the tools to make global corporate financial decisions.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
- Using financial tools in context
- CAPM and betas
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: This course employs a ‘supported learning’ model. To help you achieve the optimum learning outcomes from this module, Imperial College Business School provides access to an expert online tutor who will support you through the learning materials and associated activities.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($79). Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects. You can add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.
- How to incorporate the time value of money to value assets
- Capital budgeting for a project (such as a flat or house purchase)
- Understand how to allocate assets for retirement
- Understand how risky cash flows are value
- Value a bond
- Understand how a yield curve is obtained
- Value a company
- Understand how a portfolio selection problem is solved
- Understand how correlations and diversification opportunities vary over time
- Implement the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) to estimate the required rate of return for risky assets
- Robert Kosowski: Robert is Associate Professor in the Finance Group of Imperial College Business School, a research fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR) and an associate member of the Oxford-Man Institute of Quantitative Finance at Oxford University.
- Edward Fram: Edward holds a Ph.D. in Management from Imperial College Business School. He is involved in a number of teaching and freelance consulting roles.
Secondary school (high school) math might be useful to you during the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Data Analysis Essentials for MBA Success” free online course.
- The course will help you achieve the optimum learning outcomes from this module. After completing the course you will get knowledge use fundamental finance tools in both management and MBA learning contexts
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: