SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
By creating a space of dialogue for university and museum scholars from all regions, it aims to discuss the potentials and contours of a plural history of art.
The Forum Transregional Studies in Berlin is a research organization on the content internationalization of the humanities and social sciences. The forum offers scope for cooperation between scientists with different regional and disciplinary perspectives and offers the opportunity to test and develop research ideas and projects.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded within the framework of the research program Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices. It especially invites scholars from Islamic, Asian, African, Australian, European art histories and the art histories of the Americas, to join the program, but also addresses neighboring disciplines such as Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Aesthetics and other fields dealing with the history of visual and material cultures.
- Scholarship Award: The fellowship starts on 1 October 2018 and ends on 31 July 2019. In particular cases, shorter fellowship terms may be considered. Postdoctoral fellows will receive a monthly stipend of € 2.500 plus supplements depending on their personal situation. Organizational support regarding visas, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided. Successful applicants become fellows of the program Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices at the Forum Transregionale Studien and are expected to take up residence in Berlin.
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: Up to six fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Berlin, Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Applicants should have obtained their doctorate within the last seven years (before their application). We welcome applications from all regions, with various disciplinary backgrounds, such as Art Histories, Archaeology, Anthropology, Aesthetics, History, and all relevant neighbouring fields dealing with artefacts, artistic production, material culture, and aesthetic practices relating to objects, images, and architectures. Applicants should be interested to engage in reflexive and transdisciplinary research. Art Histories fellows are given the opportunity to pursue their individual research projects within a transdisciplinary and transregional context. They are expected to engage in the program activities, such as regular seminars, workshops, conferences and a travelling seminar.
In the overall context of the Art Histories and Aesthetic Practices program and the framework of the Forum Transregionale Studien, the fellows will be part of a creative, intellectually stimulating and discursive environment.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send the following documents exclusively by e-mail as separate word or
- a curriculum vitae (in English)
- a project description (no longer than five pages / in English)
- a sample of scholarly work (about 20 pages of an article, conference paper, or dissertation chapter)
- names of two referees (including their e-mail addresses)
The complete application should be submitted latest by 15 January 2018 and addressed to arthistories_application-at-trafo-berlin.de
Successful candidates will be notified by April 2018. Information about the current status of the evaluation process will be published on the website www.arthistories.de.