Applications are currently available for the Fondazione Benetton Landscape scholarships for study in Italy,2017/2018. This scholarship program is open to both Italians and applicants that are of foreign nationality.Eligibility criteria too must be met by each applicant.
Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche, in the framework of the research activities on landscape
and the care of places, developed with its own Scientific Committee, establishes landscape
scholarships respectively dedicated to Sven-Ingvar Andersson (1927-2007), Rosario Assunto (1915-1994) and Ippolito Pizzetti (1926-2007), key figures for the scientific work of the Foundation since its very establishment. The legacy of their tutelage continues to inspire and guide landscape studies and research and that is why the scholarships focus on three thematic
areas that represent their cultural profile and field of activity:
- Landscape project (Sven-Ingvar Andersson)
- Landscape theories and policies (Rosario Assunto)
- Nature and gardens (Ippolito Pizzetti)
The scholarships shall be carried out from 1 December 2017 to 30 May 2018.
- The scholarships are open to Italian and foreign graduates (master’s degree/laurea magistrale) and postgraduates, under the age of 40 on 31 August 2017.
- Research grant holders, or those who hold a public or private position, and carry out any work activity on an ongoing basis cannot apply.
- Candidates will be selected based on their application.
- The application form is available with the call at www.fbsr.it or at the Foundation’s secretary’s office (via Cornarotta 7, Treviso, open from Monday to Friday, 9:00am-1:00pm, 2:00pm-6:00pm).
- The value of each scholarship is set at Euro 10,000.00 (gross).
- The duration of the scholarships, residential and which cannot be extended, is six months each.
- The application must include the following documents:
– description of the scientific project the applicant proposes to pursue with clear indication
of the thematic area of the scholarship one applies for, the subject of the research, its aims,
the time frames and methods for carrying it out (maximum length 4,000 characters including
– curriculum vitae (European format), indicating the languages spoken (a good knowledge
of written and spoken Italian is required);
– copy of the applicant’s degree dissertation and any scientific papers (including master’s or PhD theses);
– a signed and dated presentation letter of a professor and/or of scholar the candidate has
The application with the various attachments must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject line “Borse di studio sul paesaggio 2017/2018”, or delivered to the Foundation’s
secretary’s office with a different method by the same deadline In any case the documents shall be sent solely in computer form, word or PDF file.
Their overall weight, if sent by email, shall not exceed 10 MB, otherwise it is required to use Wetransfer.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 31st August 2017.