Applications are currently been accepted for the FELLOWSHIPS TO PROMOTE RESEARCH ON “ YOUTH ENGAGEMENT IN AGRICUTURE AND RURAL ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES IN AFRICA 2018, eligible Africans are by this notice invite to apply for this program.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) received a three-year research grant for “Enhancing capacity to apply research evidence in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa” funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
Field: Agriculture/ Economic activities
Eligible countries: African countries
▪ The research will be carried out in the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
▪ Applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application.
▪ Applicants must be a young scholar at a research institute or university in Africa or a student
registered in a PhD or Master’s program in recognized universities in Africa, majoring in
agricultural economics, agribusiness, or economics or a related social science, and must have finished their university course work.
▪ The duration of the research should not exceed 6 months
▪ Awards for Research Grants are up to $10,000 (Proposals with a reasonable higher budget can also be selected depending on the quality of the research proposal).
▪ Grantees will be supervised by one IITA scientist in close collaboration with their national/university supervisor.
▪ Grantees will be offered training on research methodology, data management, and scientific writing;
▪ Grantees will be offered training on production of research evidence for policy-making.
To apply for the Research Fellowship, applicants must submit the following:
• Completed application form (download application form here).
• Copy of the passport or other statement of citizenship.
• Curriculum Vitae (CV), work history and education. CVs should be no longer than two pages.
• Proof of registration at an accredited university for MSc and PhD programs.
• Proof of employment at a research institute or university in Africa.
• Research proposals should be organized in the order listed below, and page limitations for components must be observed. Please include your last name and first initial in the uploaded document’s name (example: LastName_FirstInitial_proposal.pdf).
The Research proposal must include the following components in one PDF document.
Submission of Applications
Applications must be submitted electronically in English or French, by email to
Applicants will be asked to enter specific information in text boxes and upload documents in PDF format. The deadline for submission is 23:59 WAT, 28 February 2018. Applicants are encouraged to submit proposals in advance of the deadline.
Contact IITA-TrainingUnit@cgiar.orgif you have questions regarding the application or submission process.
All applications will be acknowledged, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 23:59 WAT, 28 February 2018.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the FELLOWSHIPS TO PROMOTE RESEARCH ON “ YOUTH ENGAGEMENT IN AGRIBUSINESS AND RURAL ECONOMIC ACTIVITIES IN AFRICA