SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Value of Contest:
- The winners of the first, second and third place at all stages in the competition will receive trophies. There will also be audience favourite prizes and other special awards.
- The overall national winner and first runner up will attend the Cheltenham Science Festival in the UK. The national winner will then compete in the FameLab International Final. Here a world of opportunities will really be opened up as you network with fellow scientists from across the globe
- Each candidate will have the opportunity to meet other science enthusiasts and gain access to the Famelab Egypt and Famelab International networks
- FameLab alumni will be invited to take part in science public engagement events in Egypt
- Finally you will undoubtedly win the appreciation of the audience for your passion for science!
To be taken at (country): Participating countries. Finalists will be invited to the UK
Eligible Countries: All
Eligibility: You must be 21 years old or older and working in or studying in science, technology, engineering, medicine or maths. Other eligibility criteria apply.
- You have only three minutes for your talk.
- Your talk must be about a science, technology, engineering, medicine or maths-based topic.
- You may not use PowerPoint or other similar presentation software.
- Props are limited to what you can carry on stage (and there is no time for set up).
- Your talk is a solo performance. You are not permitted to carry other people on to the stage to assist you in your talk.
- If you make it through your local heats to a regional final in your country you will need a second presentation (which can be on the same topic, but must be demonstrably different in content).
Selection Criteria: The judges are looking for somebody who can shine in content, clarity and charisma.
CONTENT: The content of the presentations must be scientifically accurate. If the topic chosen has controversy or uncertainty around it, then the presentation must acknowledge the opposing views. The scientific topic presented should be well chosen to suit the audience.
CLARITY: Clarity is critical for effective science communication. The structure of the presentation must enable the audience and judges to easily follow the talk and they should be left with a full understanding of the scientific concept chosen.
CHARISMA: The audience and judges should be left inspired and enthused about science. The winner will be a charismatic presenter who makes the science easy to listen to, entertaining, exciting and who is not only able to communicate the science but who can share their passion for it.
How to Apply:
- UK: Find out more and how to enter FameLab 2018 on the Cheltenham Science Festival website . Regional heats in the UK will take place between December 2017 and March 2018. The UK final will take place in London.
- Countries around the word (apart from the UK): Please check the website of your local British Council office to find out if your country takes part in FameLab 2018. A list of participating countries will be published on this website later this year.
Application Deadline: Ongoing